Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Problem with router ports
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
Problem with router ports

Okay, ladies and gentlemen: I have this problem for weeks, and I'm very angry. It's a problem of router ports:

Everything started when I began a listening server in Killing Floor and I invited Dogfud. He couldn't join. I have discovered that I didn't have the necessary ports opened, so I began touching my shitty router. In pretty much all the tutorials of "How to open ports" I've seen, the router had a decent configuration (With all it's categories and stuff). But, no, I have a homestation router, which is awfully bad.

I have made an app called "Killing Floor" where I stated the ports I needed to open. When I go here and check if my ports are opened, it says that they aren't (even the port 80, which is the web port, isn't seen).

Do you have any tip? This is driving me insane, I don't know what to do. Any help is VERY appreciated Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Problem with router ports

Oh it's this problem. I had it too once. Thanks to RawkBandMan for testing my TF2 server.

What is your Router program? Err, what is your Router's name?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
10-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

I simply use Hamachi for all coop stuff. Never failed me.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Do you have any anti-virus/firewall installed? Is the windows firewall activated? Have you 'assigned' your app to your IP/Computer (something I have to do)?

Disable 1 & 2. Do 3, if possible.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

10-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(10-02-2013, 03:56 PM)Robert Nemet Wrote: I simply use Hamachi for all coop stuff. Never failed me.

It usually doesn't work as good, though...
10-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

I have AVAST! Antivirus, a free one. I have discovered right now it has a "silent/game mode" but I guess that's just to not tell you anything while doing stuff. I think the firewall is deactivated, it's hard to know that in windows 7 though (the configuration isn't as easy to find as XP) I'll take a look at it Smile

@Robert

I'll try Hamachi, now that you say it... I have it gathering dust when it could be useful :|

@JsutAnotherplyrpls

Homestation router, the complicated configuration has a logo of ADB, so I guess it's that.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
10-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

You and Dogfood play Killing Floor?! Oh god let me join!
10-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

get that router up so we can shoot zambies! Big Grin

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
10-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(10-02-2013, 05:33 PM)Deep One Wrote: You and Dogfood play Killing Floor?! Oh god let me join!

Yea, of course! Smile

I'll invite you to join when I can, in the established times in the steam frictional games forum group.

(10-02-2013, 05:34 PM)Dogfood Wrote: get that router up so we can shoot specimens! Big Grin

There, corrected it for you.

While I try to fix all this s**t, let's discuss: I like to be, in this order:

Medic
Commando
Firebug
Berserker
Demolitions
*Shotgun perk*
Sharpshooter

I like to be sniper too, but it's not my favourite perk. I'm level 5, so I can gift you my lever action rifle of the spawning Smile

If you cleared what you like to be, we can get a good mixed team, something essential. Also, I'd like to know your list of maps, these are my favourite, from up to down:

-Biotics Lab
-West London
-Steamland
-Wyre
-Aperture
-Farm
-Waterworks

I absolutely hate Abusement park.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
10-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

My favourite from up to down

Bedlam
Manor
Biotics lab
West london

all others are pretty much equally meh Big Grin

I can give you plenty of weapons since i got lvl6 perks (Look at the hours i spent playing KF in my steam profile, should explain situationxD ), i personally enjoy all the perks so there really isnt any specific order for me or something, except berserker i suck at that.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 06:23 PM by Nice.)
10-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Find