Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Work in progress Amnesia: City Of Souls
thomthom44 Offline

Threads: 6
Amnesia: City Of Souls

Amnesia: City Of Souls
Welcome everyone, My second mod for amnesia: the dark descend. Now with the updated HPL engine 2 I can now use the models from AAMP. Which I really waited for. My last Custom story had a few issues and bad spelling. I learned from it and will absolutely be different now with the help from others. Not onley that but I learned what you guys wanted. Because the ending was something no one had expected and did not get its 10/10 reviews. But don't worry, I promise that its over with the "Uh lets just cut 50% of the story and be done" As this is going to be awesome and hope to hear from you all. Don't forget to follow and be up to date! Release date will come when I'm sure it will be done!

You wake up with an extremely bad headache, Cant remember what happened. Find out who you are and what you are doing.

Isolated
Closed in by the stone walls of the underground, old and weakened abandoned rails witch lie open to discover. Explore the underground and find your way out. Which is not easy to complete, dangerous places will be in your way.

City in ruins
City of Souls takes places in the world war 2, Germans have started to destroy importand buildings and lay terror on the civilien lives. Also known as the Blitz. This does not mean that you are safe below, A big enough bomb could blast you to death. Be carefull and hide when neccecery.

Custom moddels and more
These last years I've become better at modeling and the hardest part, Texturing. Which means new models will be in this mod and will be free of use for everyone. But do credit! And not only modeling, Also animating. Good luck!

A highly detailed underground world
Every single map has over 24 hours of work time, Nothing compared to my first custom story. Already the maps have been highly welcomed on the frictional forums and I'm proud that i made it so far already on this mod. Sorry if there is a lack of Screenshots, It has a reason.

Screenshots
Spoiler below!
[Image: 3cg7.jpg]
[Image: kmkj.jpg]
[Image: cjci.jpg]
[Image: 9o6y.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2014, 12:41 PM by thomthom44.)
10-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Website Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
RE: Amnesia: City Of Souls

If you need any help with spell-check/grammar I am available.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
10-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Find
thomthom44 Offline

Quote: If you need any help with spell-check/grammar I am available.
That would be awsome thanks!

[Image: moty-125.png]
10-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Website Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Was planning a mod, which I cancelled in pre-production. It was called "As souls ascend" and would also take place in a city, lucky I did not go with it as our titles would be quite similar.
10-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Find
thomthom44 Offline

There are quite a few "Soul" Titles actually. But I did not want to drop my title as it would fit perfectly with the CS. And I had the title even before I created my latest mod Castle Dorian. Just did not want to start on it as it was quite impossible then with the assets. Very happy now haha. Still deciding if it need a voice actor or not. Very hard to decide. I guess I will find out at the end.

EDIT
And By the way, Does the document look believable?

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013, 05:20 PM by thomthom44.)
10-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Website Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

It looks realistic to me, but maybe the use of "we" isn't perfect. As an example, instead of "we will seal the entrance", "the entrance will be sealed" would sound less personal, so more professional.

This is just my personal opinion, though.

10-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Find
thomthom44 Offline

Thanks, I still have the PSD so it wont be a problem. Its actually a Picture being used inside the CS. So its only good being criticized.

You all should know how much this guy "Alex Ros"changed they way I worked now. He did an amazing job on giving me almost a page long of feedback. Don't know if he still hangs around but thanks dude! It really helped me getting to know what was missing and what could be better. I'm quite amazed how far I'm going with this story. Its took me almost 2 weeks just to adjust the story I already had but turned out to be one amazing story. I'm sure it still needs some tweaking but I'm happy its getting along. I just hope you all will feel the same way when its out. I really want to post the story tree, but I think you guys want to be empty minded when playing. The fun part of the story is is that its mixed with real events. so I guess you all have to wait hah! I wont be around next week so Il make sure to post some new screenshot and possible more documents.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013, 07:34 PM by thomthom44.)
10-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Website Find
thomthom44 Offline

Screenshot update
Can't have more then 4 images.. Anyway il just update them in the comments. Here is a screenshot from inside the air raid shelters. I think this will be it for the week. Sorry that I have to go away for a 5 days. but as soon as i get back Il start working on it!

Im aware of the size of the speakers. I will reduce them a litle!
[Image: 8go5.png]

10-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Website Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

As daotir said, the majority of professionally written documents do not use personal reference (I, we, you, us, etc) unless absolutely necessary. Watch your capitals on proper nouns (I assumed Project M is the name, not just M) you missed a few capitals in the first part of the document.
In the spoilers is my attempt at re-wording it, feel free to disregard it :p
Spoiler below!

<edited based on what i3670 said>
By direction of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Project M will be terminated and the faculties will be sealed with all test subjects and equipment.Due to the threat of war, safety of the facility and security of critical information are at risk. As such, no one will be permitted to enter the facility or use the equipment.
The lockdown will be in effect as of July 6, 1938. Further detail on relocation of facility operators will be provided on a later date. Please inform the following employees that their services are no longer required for Project M:

<employees go here>

The employees will be provided necessary information through air mail via the commanding officer upon termination of their contracts. The health and security of former participants will continue to be monitored during the lockdown.

Information on the relaunching of Project M will be released when all perceived threats have subsided.

<I had a lot of practice writing formal essays and documents>

Aside from that, this looks like it has quite a potential! Looking forward to seeing the development c:

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2013, 10:07 PM by CarnivorousJelly.)
10-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Find
thomthom44 Offline

That is amazing, Would you mind if I use it? I knew from the start that I would require someone doing the dialog and texts. But all help during the progression is welcome!

10-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Website Find