Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Solitary Walker Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Amnesia and Pewdiepie

This whole thread is hilarious. Game companies could care less about their fans; all that game companies care about is money. The sooner you all realize this, the better. It was a marketing decision and a good one at that.

Disregard Everything; Acquire Aesthetics
08-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(08-26-2013, 05:13 PM)Solitary Walker Wrote: This whole thread is hilarious. Game companies could care less about their fans; all that game companies care about is money. The sooner you all realize this, the better. It was a marketing decision and a good one at that.

It was a good marketing decision true, but I believe with that statement you just made about game companies in bold I shall now begin handing out hunting bows which will be then aimed at that massive target you just painted on your back.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2013, 05:18 PM by Kreekakon.)
08-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Find
Solitary Walker Offline

Threads: 9

(08-26-2013, 05:15 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: It was a good marketing decision true, but I believe with that statement you just made about game companies in bold I shall now begin handing out hunting bows which will be then aimed at that massive target you just painted on your back.

I just want to say that im not aiming this directly at FG. Looks at the recent $15 a month fee for "Elder Scrolls" or take a look at "EA", for a example of a money hungry company. Im just saying that almost every decision that gets made not only in gaming companies but any kind of business is based off of $$$. Funny when people make it seem as if a company cares about their hardcore fans.
Choose:
1) Having a small group of hardcore fans who will buy your game
2) Large group of people who who will buy your game no matter the content

[hint] Look at Call of Duty [hint]

Disregard Everything; Acquire Aesthetics
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2013, 08:26 PM by Solitary Walker.)
08-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-26-2013, 08:25 PM)Solitary Walker Wrote:
(08-26-2013, 05:15 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: It was a good marketing decision true, but I believe with that statement you just made about game companies in bold I shall now begin handing out hunting bows which will be then aimed at that massive target you just painted on your back.

I just want to say that im not aiming this directly at FG. Looks at the recent $15 a month fee for "Elder Scrolls" or take a look at "EA", for a example of a money hungry company. Im just saying that almost every decision that gets made not only in gaming companies but any kind of business is based off of $$$. Funny when people make it seem as if a company cares about their hardcore fans.
Choose:
1) Having a small group of hardcore fans who will buy your game
2) Large group of people who who will buy your game no matter the content

[hint] Look at Call of Duty [hint]

You're forgetting that marketing serves a dual purpose: to acquire new customers and to retain old ones. Every game developer there is should care about their hardcore fans because those are the ones guaranteed to always support them. After they have fulfilled their needs, then they can move on to expand their target audience and get more people to purchase their product. Notwithstanding all that, Frictional Games is an idealistic indie company and certainly care very much about the fans that made then what they are.
08-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Find
Kullin Offline

Threads: 23

No. Just no.
08-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Find
Area 72 Offline

Threads: 1

You're an idiot. End of discussion.

Do you really think they would simply advertise someone without asking him for money? When you see a commercial go on live TV, do you actually think they just put it up there for free? If so, you'd see plenty of even worse one's made by teens and Gods knows what else.

Unless asked to and paid for, they won't feature PewDiePie's face (or whatever they can to make 8-year-olds happy) in AAMFP.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2013, 09:32 PM by Area 72.)
08-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(since this is the only AAMFP/pewdiepie thread I am certain is almost spoiler free I decided to post here)
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...age-3.html

So a long time ago Mr. PewDiePie came to clear the air with all the hate going towards him.
one person commented the following with pewdiepie replying the following:
[Image: JPaKawR.jpg]
So as I am one of those who were strong enough to resist the video I am curious if someone who did could tell me if he actually lived up to that promise(I guess its not really a promise but still).
also if he did not I am curious if he will in the final lets play, any thoughts?
08-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(08-28-2013, 11:56 AM)The Mug Wrote: (since this is the only AAMFP/pewdiepie thread I am certain is almost spoiler free I decided to post here)

So a long time ago Mr. PewDiePie came to clear the air with all the hate going towards him.
So as I am one of those who were strong enough to resist the video I am curious if someone who did could tell me if he actually lived up to that promise(I guess its not really a promise but still).
also if he did not I am curious if he will in the final lets play, any thoughts?

I think there's a fair chance he might not use too many piggy jokes. Another time in a Amnesia custom story Let's Play he ignored most of the pigs, and a user commented something the lines of:

"Where's piggy, and skully!? We want the old Pewdie back!"

Pewdie then responded with:

"If being old Pewdie means making the same jokes over, and over, then I don't want to be old Pewdie :P"

To be fair though it was quite long ago, so I'm not sure if he's changed his mind, or not.

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2013, 12:17 PM by Kreekakon.)
08-28-2013, 12:08 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

(08-28-2013, 12:08 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(08-28-2013, 11:56 AM)The Mug Wrote: (since this is the only AAMFP/pewdiepie thread I am certain is almost spoiler free I decided to post here)

I think there's a fair chance he might not use too many piggy jokes. Another time in a Amnesia custom story Let's Play he ignored most of the pigs, and a user commented something the lines of:

"Where's piggy, and skully!? We want the old Pewdie back!"

Pewdie then responded with:

"If being old Pewdie means making the same jokes over, and over, then I don't want to be old Pewdie Tongue"

To be fair though it was quite long ago, so I'm not sure if he's changed his mind, or not.
Do you remember the video he said that?
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2013, 12:19 PM by Red.)
08-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(08-28-2013, 12:18 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: Do you remember the video he said that?

All I remember is that that it was Amnesia related, and even if I remembered which series it was, it would be near impossible to find the exact comment since all of his videos have thousands of comments.

Image by BandyGrass
08-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Find