Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Amnesia and Pewdiepie

Just as an aside regarding review embargoes: I see from one YouTube LP'er's comments (Shaw Zipay):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8UuLppx3AY

that "the embargo for reviews isn't up until the 9th at 6AM PT (9AM ET)"

So I guess we won't see any text reviews until then, and perhaps FULL YouTube LP's will start appearing on the 9th September?
08-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia and Pewdiepie

(08-31-2013, 10:56 AM)Ossie Wrote: I see even more LP's are popping up on YouTube, even one from Gamespot (and that one is about 39 minutes long (minus the intro chat there's about 35 minutes of gameplay shown)).

Kevin VanOrd isn't a lets player, he's a professional reviewer.
08-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
Why Frictional Chose PewDiePie

After seeing all the backlash, I can only assume that Frictional chose PewDiePie to promote the game to preempt the rage and fears that the sequel would not be exactly like the original game.

It didn't exactly work the way it was intended, internet denizens being the fickle little swine that they are, but Frictional's decision suddenly makes a disturbing amount of sense. They wanted to reassure the 'masses' that the game would still be full of moments that would make you jump and provide plenty of Youtube videos where people over-react to a computer game.
09-21-2013, 08:32 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9
RE: Why Frictional Chose PewDiePie

Seriously, does it matter anymore? This has been discussed to death like 100 times
09-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(09-21-2013, 08:58 AM)Deep One Wrote: Seriously, does it matter anymore? This has been discussed to death like 100 times

The forums will be like this for a couple more weeks, so I might as well go with the flow until it dies down and sane discussion can begin.

I'm just saying that it's funny to note that the forums were angry when Frictional chose PewDiePie as a promoter because he appealed to the lowest common denominator, and now a lot of the rage appears to be that this game isn't the same game that he had grown 'famous' off of.
09-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(09-21-2013, 09:15 AM)Alardem Wrote: Frictional chose PewDiePie as a promoter because he appealed to the lowest common denominator

True indeed! I think they selected several popular YouTubers, he was not the only one. Surprisingly, Toby didn't get his review copy while he has the same kind of audience as PDP (I may be completely wrong on this last statement).
09-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

I don't like PDP but I have to say he has a face I'm jealous of, seems like it was carved by an angel.

I've noticed in his playtroughs that there are a lot of parts he cuts portions away, IMO that kind of defeats the purpose of a "playtrough".
09-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(09-21-2013, 10:17 AM)cantremember Wrote: I don't like PDP but I have to say he has a face I'm jealous of, seems like it was carved by an angel.

I've noticed in his playtroughs that there are a lot of parts he cuts portions away, IMO that kind of defeats the purpose of a "playtrough".

Yup Smile He's hightlighting. He shows people exactly what they came for. Him reacting to anything that happens Smile

Trying is the first step to success.
09-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Find
SliceAndDice Offline

Threads: 1

It's a marketing strategy, plain and simple, and a rather clever one at that. It doesn't matter if you like PewDiePie or not. They want to sell what they worked for, why would anyone want to deny them what they deserve?

Didn't PewDiePie get the first copy of Outlast too? I don't watch any of his videos since he doesn't really appeal to me (guess with 25, I'm just too old to fully enjoy his videos) but I'm far from butthurt because of something trivial like that.
09-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

it's good marketing

he's the most popular channel on youtube plus the majority of his fans are 12-14 year olds looking for a cheap scare, so ofc that's gonna hype a horror game up a ton if he plays it

Posting Freak
09-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Website Find