Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Amnesia: The Thing *Full Conversion Mod*
goodcap Offline

Threads: 112
Amnesia: The Thing *Full Conversion Mod*

Hey fellow Frictional Gamers,

this is my first Amnesia Custom Story. I've always wanted to make one but I never really knew how to, till now! I'm a big fan of old movies like: Psycho, The Shining, The Exorcist and..The Thing, to name a few. I'm really excited to make this and I hope you guys and gals will like it when it's finished. This mod is based on the movies and book.

PLOT

Your name is R.J MacReady, a thirty year old man that works at a research station in the Antarctic. One day, you hear a helicopter outside and gunfire. You take a peak through the shaders and you see a helicopter chasing a dog. Now why would they do that?...

What does this mod contain?

* A good story that pulls you in from the beginning.
*Little to no jumpscares. I hate jumpscares, especially in horror movies/games.
* A creepy and intense atmosphere.
* Easter Eggs and other secrets.
*If you've seen the movies you might recognize a few areas Wink
*Custom models and entities.
*Easy/medium puzzles (For me it kills the suspense when a puzzle takes to long to figure out)
*Pay a lot of attention to your surroundings and what you read or hear, it's very important. You can also find hints or warnings.
*Music from John Carpenter/Ennio Morricone but also other custom soundtracks/themes
*The Thing

This mod is in pre-alpha and I just recently began developing it, so the areas you see on the pictures are in a really early stage. Please keep this in mind, thank you.

Pictures:

Pictures [SlideShow]

Quote:MacReady, I know Bennings. I've known him for ten years. He's my friend.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014, 06:27 PM by goodcap.)
10-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Amnesia: The Thing *Full Conversion Mod*

Looks pretty nice, when you finally will finish this story, don't hesitate to share with us. Smile

Egypt CS
[Image: 27003.png]
10-31-2014, 01:49 PM
Find
Deadon Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Amnesia: The Thing *Full Conversion Mod*

Never read the book. But this does sound interesting at worst, Keep up the work! (Post some stuff soon please)

2 Mappers are definitely better than one.
11-01-2014, 06:29 AM
Find