Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modders assemble, 1.3 is out!
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
RE: Modders assemble, 1.3 is out!

You can't use the new patch with the old editors. Use old editors with old versions of the game, use new editors with new versions of the game.
12-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(12-05-2014, 02:54 PM)jens Wrote: You can't use the new patch with the old editors. Use old editors with old versions of the game, use new editors with new versions of the game.

No, no, no, what I meant is that when I installed the updates, it replaced the regular LevEditor. Since now it's the new one, I used the regular one.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
12-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Ok ok ok... So how do I update both my game and my editors the same time, if I have the version downloaded from FGs site?

Trying is the first step to success.
12-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

The most probable answer is to first download and apply the update, then download and apply the editors. As long as they overwrite the old files, it should work, right?

12-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Guys, I still have the issue. I got the game from GOG. I just get the update from the wiki and extract it on my Amnesia folder then it replaces everything that conflicts.

When I launched the Level Editor, I got the error.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
12-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(12-05-2014, 08:31 AM)jens Wrote: Can you verify that you are using the new Amnesia 1.3 release. Because this error sounds like you try to use the new tools with the old Amnesia release or vice versa. You need to use the 1.3 tools with Amnesia 1.3. If you are, where is the game from and how did you update it?
Jens, yes I don't have the update, just the tools.
I thought it was only the tools you updated! My bad, I just found it: Amnesia TDD 1.3 update

I have my retail version installed, and some copies of it to do tests.
Also two steam versions, mine and my brother's, which I don't use.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2014, 06:04 PM by Daemian.)
12-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(12-05-2014, 05:48 PM)Daemian Wrote: I thought it was only the tools you updated! I didn't know. I just found this: Amnesia TDD 1.3 update

WHAT THE FUCK, THERE'S A TOOLS AND GAME UPDATE? WTF WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!

WILL UPDATE IN THE MORNING
EDIT:
IT FUCKING WORKS

"Veni, vidi, vici."
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2014, 01:39 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
12-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Everything is fine now.
So long everything is working fine, I played the game a little, I tried some mods, etc.
I'm gonna try those new functions now.

Changelog
Spoiler below!

Input
- Fixed Mouse sensitivtiy acting weird at certain aspect ratios
- Added full gamepad support.
- Arrow keys and enter can be used for GUI selection.

Modding
- Added support for FBX files and Collada models exported in 3D Max.
- Added Enemy_ManPig entity type.
- Added script function (SetInDarknessEffectsActive) for disabling the InDarkness effects.
- Added script function (StartInsanityEvent) for starting a specific insanity event.
- Added script function (StopCurrentInsanityEvent) for stopping any currently active insanity event.
- Added script function (SetPlayerFallDamageDisabled) for disabling fall damage
- Added script function (SetEntityVisible) for making an entity's mesh invisible
- Added script function (ReplaceEntity) for replacing an entity with a new one.
- Added script function (PlaceEntityAtEntity) for placing an entity at another entity.
- Added script functions (SetBodyMass, GetBodyMass) for getting and setting mass of bodies.
- Added script function (SetEnemySanityDecreaseActive) for turning off an enemy's sanity effects.
- Added script function (GetEnemyStateName) for getting an enemy's state as a string.
- Added Script function (TeleportEnemyToNode) for teleporting enemies to path nodes.
- Added script function (SetPlayerJumpForceMul) for setting a jump force multiplier.
- Added script function (AlertEnemyOfPlayerPresence) for making enemy search for player around the player's position.
- Added script functions (SetPlayerPos, GetPlayerPosX, GetPlayerPosY, GetPlayerPosZ) for setting and getting the player's position.
- Added script functions (SetEntityPos, GetEntityPosX, GetEntityPosY, GetEntityPosZ) for setting and getting the position of entities.
- Added script functions (StringToInt, StringToFloat, StringToBool) for converting strings to other types.
- Added script functions (MathSin, MathCos, MathTan, MathAsin, MathAcos, MathAtan, MathAtan2, MathSqrt, MathPow, MathMin, MathMax, MathClamp, MathAbs) for doing some math operations.
- Replaced AddAttachedPropToProp with AttachPropToProp. The new version fixes an issue where the Z rotation parameter would be used as the Z position. The old version still works and has the same behavior as before but will trigger a warning message.

Debug
- F2 now does a quick map reload when Debug menu is loaded
- F3 now fast forwards the game when Debug menu is loaded
- Errors and warnings can now be seen in-game by checking a box in the debug menu

Bugfixes
- Fixed crashes related to destroying attached props.
- Removed ModelEditor error message when an animation has step events with no value specified.
- Fixed bone_pile_human2.dae that caused the level editor to crash when trying to open the morgue level.

Updated entities and/or models
- hand.ent
- agrippa.ent
- alexander-ent
- ritual_prisoner.ent
- rat.ent
- servant_brute.ent
- servant_grunt.ent
- rope_beam02.ent
- spider.ent
- corpse_male.ent
- grunt_body_part1.ent
- grunt_body_part2.ent
- pig_corpse.ent
- rat_corpse.ent
- rag_plague_corpse.ent
- slime_anim_ceiling.ent
- slime_anim_wall.ent
- worn_hay_mattress.ent
- ceiling_doll.ent
- chained_prisoner.ent
- enemy_suitor.ent
- enemy_suitor_alois.ent
- enemy_suitor_basile.ent
- enemy_suitor_malo.ent
- graveyard_corpse.ent
- ritual_prisoner_noillum.ent
- worn_hay_mattress_slow.ent
- spinning_cogwheel_negative.ent
- bone_pile_human2.ent

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2014, 06:44 PM by Daemian.)
12-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Those new function are like... What we've been waiting for for... SO LONG!

I don't think I have fingers to count how many people have asked how to turn off darkness-tooth grinding.

Trying is the first step to success.
12-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

Awesomo! This makes me happy. Second Dimension is utterly dependent on 1.3, so now I don't have to worry about compatibility stopping people from playing it.

...Only downside is that the Trapdoor is weirdly dependant on 1.2: for some reason that I could never figure out, it occasionally crashes at a certain point when using 1.3 but never when using 1.2. Never mind, though. The benefits far outweigh that.

Good work FG! I thought you'd given up on HPL2, but you came through eventually. Big Grin Heart

Also, side-note, the locked sticky ("Update coming! Brave testers needed!") now needs updated.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2014, 10:35 PM by MrBehemoth.)
12-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Find