Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[HELP] No Inspiration To Work!
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: [HELP] No Inspiration To Work!

(06-13-2012, 12:56 AM)JenniferOrange Wrote:
  1. Models. I can't work with such 'horror-fied' entities and walls. I usually write my stories in the modern era. If I want to put a vase of roses on the table, well, Amnesia doesn't have that available. Plus I can't model to save my life, though if I could, I'd already be working on this project.
  2. Who would want to play a love story in Amnesia? Some would think it was silly. (besides Statyk)
  3. People. It'd be hard to pull off, but I could manage a story without the use of other people models. I wouldn't want the player to have to pretend he's talking to his wife.

Simple models are easy to come by. I'm sure the same people who enjoyed My Love would enjoy your work.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-13-2012, 01:44 AM
Website Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

I see you're already getting your inspiration back, but I'll tell you what I do anyway. c:

Usually when I find myself losing inspiration for short amounts of time I try to kind of get out of my own head for a while. Sometimes that will just involve watching movies, playing other video games, or going on long walks and trying to let my brain rest.

When i have longer stretches of writer's block, I pretty much have to take a long break, which is hard for me because I always feel like I'm rushing myself to get things done. Sometimes I'll have another small project on the side to keep me busy until I start getting more ideas again.

Sometimes it's totally accidental. I will have writer's block for weeks and then I'll just be at the doctor's office doing something or listening to a random song on the radio and the ideas will just come bursting forth all of the sudden.

06-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

From my experience inspiration isn't something you can get through some method or by looking for it, it's more of like a giant brick wall in the middle of the road that you fly head first into before you even know what's happening X)

Just wait, play some custom stories that you think look good or some new games, it has a way of hitting you all at once and getting you back to what you love.

Posting Freak
06-13-2012, 02:06 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(06-13-2012, 12:58 AM)kartanonperuna Wrote: Propably because youre a chick.
Or perhaps for once, a respectable person needs help. Not many people are ready to jump out of their way to give advice for a MLP map or a question that can be asked by using the search bar.
06-13-2012, 03:31 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

If you're getting bored of what you're doing, I'd say you might want to get a little more creative with it. Do something you know (or are very sure) has never been done before in Amnesia. Break out of the typical key-door and chemistry puzzles; create main characters that do not fall under the archetype of amnesia-ridden 19th century middle-aged men surrounded by murderers.

If you'd like a bit of a nudge, pick your favorite fairy tale, story or movie, and recreate it with in an Amnesia universe. That's what I'm doing.

06-13-2012, 04:04 AM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

I will keep in mind everyone's suggestions. They are very helpful. I have decided on an idea that miraculously came to me after reading everyone's replies. :3

To sum it up without giving away it all, theres a guy. He has a wife. The guy did some bad stuff, and he's been sentenced to death. He has less than 20 hours to live.. I came up with this too:
"Have you ever wondered what goes through your head before you die?
I'll tell you."
Throughout this story, the player re-visits the guys forgotten memories of his wife(incorporates love!) some with a sick twisted memory, of course.. >;D
Let me know, yay or nay?

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
06-13-2012, 04:31 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(06-13-2012, 04:31 AM)JenniferOrange Wrote: I will keep in mind everyone's suggestions. They are very helpful. I have decided on an idea that miraculously came to me after reading everyone's replies. :3

To sum it up without giving away it all, theres a guy. He has a wife. The guy did some bad stuff, and he's been sentenced to death. He has less than 20 hours to live.. I came up with this too:
"Have you ever wondered what goes through your head before you die?
I'll tell you."
Throughout this story, the player re-visits the guys forgotten memories of his wife(incorporates love!) some with a sick twisted memory, of course.. >;D
Let me know, yay or nay?
Not going to lie. I'm a sucker for "what would you do if you had ____ to live" stories. They really make one think about things, you know? Ever read the book, "For One More Day" by Mitch Albom? Beautiful story.

I say yes. I'd like to see what you can do since this shall be outside of the box. Keep us updated!
06-13-2012, 04:38 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Statyk, psh bitch please. Read Tuesdays with Morrie. I cried like a baby.

06-13-2012, 04:53 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Dunno if discussion on this has ended already, but personally, I find most inspiration in music. I've always built narratives in my head to match the atmosphere of a song so it was a natural progression when it comes to ideas for narratives for games to use very particular atmospheric tracks, and play them on repeat for a number of hours to really get immersed in it. Films and other games are important to an extent, but as they are already multimedia experiences I prefer to stick to something less represented.

Guess it depends what else other than games your into?
06-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Threads: 13

Lack of inspiration? That sums up me when it comes to mapping especially. Tongue

06-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Find