Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
"Wake" - Complete :)
Glouki Offline

Threads: 1
RE: "Wake" - Complete :)

Really funny custom story, thanks for it.
04-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(03-13-2011, 03:01 AM)Xss Wrote: Well, I've finally uploaded "wake" on youtube, hope it's not a problem. For those who might be interested, I am posting it below.
Took me a long time to beat it, it's divided in 5 parts.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP2VsEsoj2M
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFbYkUKWEy0
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moxi6ooPM38
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXqQSA8fkKQ
Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIRzHoorKtA

Watched em' all, had a blast Smile

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
04-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

And me a couple of heart attacks, haha!

And yeah, you did this mod, no more confusion! ^^
04-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

So wait...what is this about?
04-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Thoughts on playing

1. I really like one of the things you did, and that is to say, the whole 'grab key important item, cause monster to spawn'

You didn't do that here, and I think that's great, in fact your scares did not rely on the monsters, which is also great

2. The plot is good, but some of the levels felt bland and uninteresting, namely the one in the woods, or the one with the water lurker, it just feels like you could have done so much more with them...and you didn't.

3. I personally feel that maybe a little more should have been done, to help the player feel like they are trapped inside a nightmare.

4. The Crucible of Night is hella cool

5. I must be stupid or something, cause it took me forever to understand what it meant by 'silence disgusts me' nice puzzle indeed...albeit a nerve-wracking one for those of us who didn't catch on.

6. I liked the ending, but I honestly half expected you to suddenly pull the ol' JUST KIDDING YOU'RE STILL SLEEPING on the player lol

7. I think you should have put in some way for the player to realize they need to shut the steam off, like a memento or something, less confusing that way.

8. How'd you do the voice acting?
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2011, 06:10 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
05-18-2011, 06:00 AM
Website Find
SierenH Offline

Threads: 2

cant get ANYWHERE in this game
im totally confused as to what to do

The only thing i dont like about this game is the funny voice at the beginning saying "I missed you" or something....
oh well
can someone tell me how to get out of the first room?
12-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Find
Mama Brijit Offline

Threads: 0

Alright, a couple of issues I had in this mod in order of when I experienced them...

1. So, I was really just fucking around, especially when I got to the spots with the steam. "Let's jump over the steam! Big Grin" Died of course. Respawn in the cell, go to the other room with the steam. "Let's duck under the steam! Big Grin" Died of course. Respawn in the cell... completely unable to move, access inventory and I need to completely quit the custom story. ...And then I need to quit Amnesia because Wake disappeared from the story list.

2. Start game again, go to Wake, and I'm a little more serious now. Thinking I might be able to get across the steam by stacking boxes and crawling over the pipe, I do so. I fall, die, and respawn in the cell. Again completely unable to move, go to inventory, etc. Quit out of the story, Wake is still there, and I start it again.

3. I look around, find the wheel to turn off the steam, pull the left lever first and the reaction I get makes me think it's the wrong order. Okay. Pull the middle one, see that it goes down and I'm glad to finally get the steam in the hallway off. Pull the right one for good measure, get the same reaction as the first, and decide to continue. Go down the hall, try to open the door... locked. Okay, there's a key somewhere... except there isn't really. :| Go back to the levers, try the left, doesn't move, try the right, doesn't move aaaaand I'm stuck.

I take a look at your walkthrough and see what the order is. The way you have the script might not reset in all instances; or at least that's what I would guess. I'm downloading the one that's on MODDB right now if that makes any difference.

I'm sorry I can't continue the mod, kinda want to see what everyone is talking about. I'll try it again when I'm less frustrated. :|
01-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Find
Vesanic Offline

Threads: 1

Review

Spoiler below!
That was pretty cool ! I wish it was a little longer, but whatever. The atmosphere was nice, scary. But maybe... not scary enough. You didn't use any monster so I guess you wanted to put it all on the atmosphere but, like I've just said, it wasn't scary enough. The whole 4 sub-worlds concept was pretty nice, even though it was a little frustrating to find out there were connections between them haha, but I guess I'm just too dumb. The story was nice BUT I think it was too simple. The maps were nice, some looked really good. Overall, more than decent. The voice acting was cool as well, one of the best I've heard, and the puzzles were subtle, and a bit complicated (not excessively, which was cool. It was just the way it needed to be.). Overall, a cool story.

7/10

If one of you needs a voice for a custom story, contact me:

romain_hammond@hotmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Vesanique
02-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Find