Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cannot buy Amnesia by PayPal
trucekill Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: I cannot buy Amnesia by PayPal

Jens if you're reading this, I just want to say that I registered for this forum solely to state that, I too, cannot purchase Amnesia for Linux through paypal since I do not have a credit card.

I just finished the demo and, needless to say, quite enjoyed it.

I look forward to the time when I can purchase a copy. As a long time Linux user and gamer, I appreciate your company's efforts in respect to my platform of choice and would like to show my support monetarily.
09-30-2010, 03:26 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

But it is the same for you? That you do not have the funds? So it is not really a matter about a credit card, it is about not having enough money in the paypal account.

I don't understand why that is a problem? Either you have money in the account or a credit card and can purchase directly, or you have to transfer money from your bank to paypal first and then buy. As far as paypal goes, that is all we are interested in offering.
09-30-2010, 06:10 AM
Website Find
Yodake Offline

Threads: 3

(09-30-2010, 06:10 AM)jens Wrote: But it is the same for you? That you do not have the funds? So it is not really a matter about a credit card, it is about not having enough money in the paypal account.

Hi Jens,
sure that i can pay in FG store if i transfer f.e. 16€ on my papayl account? Then i don't need a credit card? If so, i would imediately do it. At the moment there is no money on my paypal account because i always bought by debid note. Thank you..
09-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

I'm sort of lost, what is this other method of paying you are talking about? I have used paypal for a long time but have never used any other means of 1. with a linked credit card or 2. using the funds in the paypal account. How does the apparently third option work exactly?
09-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Website Find
Yodake Offline

(09-30-2010, 01:15 PM)jens Wrote: I'm sort of lost, what is this other method of paying you are talking about? I have used paypal for a long time but have never used any other means of 1. with a linked credit card or 2. using the funds in the paypal account. How does the apparently third option work exactly?

I think it's called debid note in english (in german: lastschrift). You can have 0 € in your paypal account and don't need a credit card. When you buy by paypal with debit note than paypal gives the money immediately to the seller where you want to buy and paypal gets back the money from your verified bank account. I think in general it works this way.
This option is not available on FG store, so question is if i can buy if i have enough money on paypal account without a credit card. Smile

Thanks.

Edit: Most people that i know pay this way with paypal, so maybe it's also an option for FG store. Maybe just think about it.
09-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Ah OK, thanks will look into it.
09-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Website Find
shaola Offline

Threads: 1

(09-30-2010, 01:57 PM)Yodake Wrote:
(09-30-2010, 01:15 PM)jens Wrote: I'm sort of lost, what is this other method of paying you are talking about? I have used paypal for a long time but have never used any other means of 1. with a linked credit card or 2. using the funds in the paypal account. How does the apparently third option work exactly?

I think it's called debid note in english (in german: lastschrift). You can have 0 € in your paypal account and don't need a credit card. When you buy by paypal with debit note than paypal gives the money immediately to the seller where you want to buy and paypal gets back the money from your verified bank account. I think in general it work this way.
This option is not available on FG store, so question is if i can buy when i have money on paypal account without a credit card. Smile

Thanks.

yes, i bougth amnesia with paypal and i have no credit car linked. so you can do it.

I think also that i did not have enough money in my paypal account when i bought amnesia, but i am not sure of that.
Anyway, after buying and playing amnesia i also bougth penumbra collection (for linux also) and i am sure that i hadn't enough money in my account but i could purchase de game and after that paypal took the money from my bank account.
Huh
09-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Find
Yodake Offline

(09-30-2010, 02:06 PM)shaola Wrote: yes, i bougth amnesia with paypal and i have no credit car linked. so you can do it. I think also that i did not have enough money in my paypal account when i bought amnesia, but i am not sure of that. Anyway, after buying and playing amnesia i also bougth penumbra collection (for linux also) and i am sure that i hadn't enough money in my account but i could purchase de game and after that paypal took the money from my bank account.

Hi Shaola,
I tested it 5 minutes before and you definitely can't buy Amnesia by debit note without enough money on paypal account and no credit card. But if you tell me that it probably works with enough money I will try it and transfer enough money from bank account to paypal account. Hope it'll work.
Smile Thanks.
09-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

I have a faint memory of this problem being a German problem Smile
If shaola is not from Germany, then it might be that I am remembering correct and free from amnesia.
09-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Website Find
shaola Offline

Threads: 1

(09-30-2010, 03:27 PM)jens Wrote: I have a faint memory of this problem being a German problem Smile
If shaola is not from Germany, then it might be that I am remembering correct and free from amnesia.

I am from spain, so you may be rigth. I am not sure if when y bougth amnesia i had money enough in may paypal account or not, but I am pretty sure that i had no money in my paypal account when i bougth penumbra, and it works propperly in both cases.

As i said i don't have any credit card linked to my paypal account
09-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Find