Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should i finished the Project?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, it is awesome
73.85%
48 73.85%
Maybe...But make it better.
18.46%
12 18.46%
No. I think its not good enough.
7.69%
5 7.69%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.21 Average
Work in progress Scratches 2 - A New Story
Akasu Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Scratches 2 - A New Story (WIP - PRELUDE DEMO RELEASED)

(12-24-2010, 10:03 PM)Ilovgmod Wrote: When i try playing this certain mod, a program called blackbox pops out and says "Amnesia.exe crashed!" Or something like that, what do i do?

I have this problem myself. It whined something about ntdll.dll so I downloaded the file. That has solved many similiar problems in the past but it didn't work this time, changed the error message though. I'm using Windows XP and the Steam-version of Amnesia. Strangely all the other custom stories work allright.
02-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Find
Sel Offline

Threads: 10

(02-03-2011, 06:05 PM)Everlone Wrote: @Sel:
Thanks for critic my friend and i now what you mean. But some guys like it and wish that i complete it. And this is a demo i make in a short time, its far away from my really idea for the game.
And its more a tribute not a really sequel. I now it will be not the best game and its not will be so good like the original but i do my best and so long there are some fans exist there wait for my complete version, i finished it.
Nobody force you to play it

Don't get me wrong, I'm telling you what to improve, and how to make your story better, I'm not telling you to give up forever because it's not good as is.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2011, 07:35 PM by Sel.)
02-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Find
Everlone Offline

Threads: 11

Oh, then i dont understand your critic right. but it sounds like: stop it Wink
I now that there are many things i could make better,but now i try to finished this story and then come the last intricacies

[Image: 555233.jpg]
02-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Find
nevers Offline

Threads: 1

(02-03-2011, 05:30 PM)Sel Wrote: Using random props and scaling them down (hello disturbing fountain) is really dumb, and this story lasted about 5 minutes for me, finding the key, then getting thrown into the basement and facing some entirely unintuitive puzzle for a few minutes, then quitting because there was absolutely no indication of what to do.

Sorry, but that doesn't make this remotely good, let alone one of the best stories.

I thought the fountain was a nice idea. What do you find dumb about it?

The puzzles may not be groundbreaking but neither were they in amnesia. This is not the kind of game you play for smart puzzles anyway; you play for the atmosphere and the atmosphere in the demo was the best I've seen here so far except for amnesia itself.

I'm definitely looking forward to this one (and also memoirs and undying).
Keep up the good work.
02-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Find
Sel Offline

Threads: 10

(02-04-2011, 10:16 AM)nevers Wrote: I thought the fountain was a nice idea. What do you find dumb about it?

Oh you know, the whole part about it, oh yeah, not fitting at all.

(02-04-2011, 10:16 AM)nevers Wrote: The puzzles may not be groundbreaking but neither were they in amnesia. This is not the kind of game you play for smart puzzles anyway; you play for the atmosphere and the atmosphere in the demo was the best I've seen here so far except for amnesia itself.

Please tell me this is a joke.

Amnesia has an excellent capability for puzzles, and a lot of the original puzzles were rather clever. Additionally, there's a difference between groundbreaking, and no indication of what to do.
02-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Find
DirtyThePig Offline

Threads: 0

When will this be released, like an estimate, very well done by the way, very excited.
02-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Find
varto Offline

Threads: 2

I have a quick question about the scripting. Did you make completely new scripts for some of the scenes in this game? like in your intro.hps what is this line of script?

AddTimer("wake",9,"TimerWake");
AddTimer("stone1",12,"Timerstone");

Is stone just a static item you created for the game?
Also, before i forget to say, Really great scripting! Wish i knew half as much about it as you did. I only know how to map :l
02-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8

(02-10-2011, 09:06 PM)varto Wrote: I have a quick question about the scripting. Did you make completely new scripts for some of the scenes in this game? like in your intro.hps what is this line of script?

AddTimer("wake",9,"TimerWake");
AddTimer("stone1",12,"Timerstone");

Is stone just a static item you created for the game?
Also, before i forget to say, Really great scripting! Wish i knew half as much about it as you did. I only know how to map :l

This is great! Big Grin
02-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Find
Everlone Offline

Threads: 11

@DirtyThePig: I cant say when it will be done, i hope in the next week, but there are something good ideas i will create in it and thats need more time.

@Varto:
That is only the timer, they say the game that in this example to wake up and add stone.
But the objects are still in the map and only deactivated.
Scripting is not so difficult. Read the examples and show on other projects how it works. I do it to, before i begin the work on Scratches 2, i never worked with scripts.

[Image: 555233.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2011, 09:18 PM by Everlone.)
02-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Never worked with scripts, still such great mod Big Grin

02-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Website Find