Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Newbie needs help! [SOLVED]
Seragath Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Newbie needs help!

You put both SetEntityActive in the same function.

So he will activate and instantly deactivate. I think that if monster does not see anyone at the end of the pathnode he will disappear. Else he will chase you till he loses sight of you.

So get rid of the last "SetEntityActive"
01-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Find
pwnvader360 Offline

Threads: 3

(01-12-2011, 08:34 PM)Seragath Wrote: You put both SetEntityActive in the same function.

So he will activate and instantly deactivate. I think that if monster does not see anyone at the end of the pathnode he will disappear. Else he will chase you till he loses sight of you.

SUCCESS! But there's one last tiny problem - nothing serious. When servant_grunt_1 steps on the first PathNode, he stops for about 2 seconds, then continues. How do I make him continuously go through each PathNode without hesitation?
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2011, 04:37 PM by pwnvader360.)
01-13-2011, 12:14 AM
Find
Seragath Offline

Threads: 1

(01-13-2011, 12:14 AM)pwnvader360 Wrote:
(01-12-2011, 08:34 PM)Seragath Wrote: You put both SetEntityActive in the same function.

SUCCESS! But there's one last tiny problem - nothing serious. When servant_grunt_1 steps on the first PathNode, he stops for about 2 seconds, then continues. How do I make him continuously go through each PathNode without hesitation.

Hmm...I guess doing

AddEnemyPatrolNode("NAME OF YOUR MONSTER", "NAME OF YOUR PATHNODE", 0.1f, "");

? Not sure. Exactly how to do it. Mess with the last number for a bit till it gets what you want it to be.
01-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Find
pwnvader360 Offline

Threads: 3

(01-13-2011, 01:08 PM)Seragath Wrote:
(01-13-2011, 12:14 AM)pwnvader360 Wrote:

SUCCESS! But there's one last tiny problem - nothing serious. When servant_grunt_1 steps on the first PathNode, he stops for about 2 seconds, then continues. How do I make him continuously go through each PathNode without hesitation.

Hmm...I guess doing

AddEnemyPatrolNode("NAME OF YOUR MONSTER", "NAME OF YOUR PATHNODE", 0.1f, "");

? Not sure. Exactly how to do it. Mess with the last number for a bit till it gets what you want it to be.

Yes, this worked. I am starting to get used to scripting now. Although I still may need to refer to a tutorial every now and then.
01-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Find