Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should I continue making this mod?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
72.97%
54 72.97%
I'll think about it.
12.16%
9 12.16%
No.
14.86%
11 14.86%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.09 Average
Fractured Life Series (Just Died!)
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Fractured Life (Released!)

Played from start to end. I won't go to technical criticism, because there are lots of things that I'd like to mention; but I just remember too many artifacts.

5 episodes then, ha? I hope you will be able to complete them and won't give up.
I liked the abstraction, however there were some parts completely unrelated. Will the story continue in next episodes? I mean, I expected to see many notes and story related events, but instead of that almost everything was an abstract nightmare.

It wasn't short, that is good. Most of it was enjoyable, while there are parts it got boring. Try to use that dog more efficiently Smile

02-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Well, that dog is buggy, so I had to limit it a lot. But it works perfectly on cutscenes.

No way I will stop working on those episodes. I'm already working on the second one.

Story is in first post.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2011, 08:27 PM by Robby.)
02-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Now it makes sense and seems to be intriguing.
BTW, scripting and switching between scenes are well done. I'm looking at the files to see how you did them Smile

I'll be waiting for the sequel.

02-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(02-12-2011, 10:15 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Now it makes sense and seems to be intriguing.
BTW, scripting and switching between scenes are well done. I'm looking at the files to see how you did them Smile

I'll be waiting for the sequel.

The sequel will be shorter, but it will be a bit trickier. You will have to use a rod object on the symbols to create a positive (for symbols drawn in white) or negative (for symbols drawn in blood) effects that will impact the player and/or the environment. The tutorial will simply explain it.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
02-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

People. Music will be put up in first post. The music files are from Fractured Life 2. You can listen to them.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2011, 11:49 AM by Robby.)
02-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Website Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(02-13-2011, 11:39 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: People. Music will be put up in first post. The music files are from Fractured Life 2. You can listen to them.

ok very good.

and please remove that funny "Staying alive" music from Fractured Life (Full) Big GrinBig Grin its killing meTongue
just completed 1-st part, nice idea with dog and orb fragment.(but seems too many extra cutscenes)
keep up the good work,Robby!
02-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Fractured Life Series

The Staying Alive music was part of the fun. The dog was buggy, but it fit well for cutscenes.
The orb fragment was good enough.

Also, did you listen to the music I put up in First post?

EDIT: 1 Screenshot was put in first post (in a new spoiler tag)

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2011, 12:05 PM by Robby.)
02-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Website Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

The story was pretty good,the dogs were nice and you made some intresting story there.
But in the next custom story,please do less cut-scenes and more parts when the player take the action himself.
I think you did too much cut-scenes in the custom story,and it's pretty annoying to wait every each time until the cut-scene will end.
But at all,the custom story is good,all that idea with the magic sound really intresting,can't wait for the next custom story Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2011, 07:30 PM by Need4Power.)
02-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

I like this Fractured Life Idea.. very good but there was many "Too long cutscenes and waiting scenes.." Little annoying and that two slime way part when you get stuck and that monster comes... That one is really buggy i cant die or getting any damage from that monster. Fix that...

Overall very good idea and scripting was twisted and fun Smile

Waiting for your next series Tongue

“Life is a game, play it”
02-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Things are pretty bad, I felt overloaded with cutscenes, and that is why so many of them came in. In Fractured Life 2, that isn't the case.

First post has been updated with the stories of the Fractured Life series. In Episode 2, there are things you need to know: You will have to do the way the game wants you to. Sometimes you have to step on a symbol to get teleported or levitated somewhere, which is the only way to progress. But, when he uses the very last symbol, he gets teleported again, but not the right way.

When you play the custom story, you will understand it better.

02-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Website Find