Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Newsletter | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support

Thread Closed 
Game crashes while trying to play
customx5 Offline

Solved: 8 Months, 11 Hours, 30 Seconds ago Game crashes while trying to play

I've been playing the game since release fine up until today, I've been playing today fine until i stopped playing and came back to try and play some more about 4 hrs later i try and double click the icon and this thing generates a percentage of 100% and says i got a bug. no matter what i do i cant get into the game. like i said i've been playing fine before so its not my drivers or anything.
03-31-2007 03:06 AM
Find all posts by this user
customx5 Offline

Solved: 8 Months, 11 Hours, 30 Seconds ago RE: Game crashes while trying to play

customx5 Wrote:I've been playing the game since release fine up until today, I've been playing today fine until i stopped playing and came back to try and play some more about 4 hrs later i try and double click the icon and this thing generates a percentage of 100% and says i got a bug. no matter what i do i cant get into the game. like i said i've been playing fine before so its not my drivers or anything.

Okay i went here and this worked, now i can play again http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=691

BTW penumbra developers i just found out the crash happens when i turn sound hardware on. I have a soundblaster XFI extrememusic edition
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2007 03:13 AM by MisterX.)
03-31-2007 03:11 AM
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Solved: 8 Months, 11 Hours, 30 Seconds ago RE: Game crashes while trying to play

You might want to post the HP log than.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
03-31-2007 06:36 AM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Glad you fixed it, Open AL that we use can be strange at times. If you want sound hardware (for surround sound) you can try updating your sound card drivers.
03-31-2007 09:28 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)