Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which Dark Descent ending do you want a continuation of the story of?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bad Ending.
3.51%
2 3.51%
Revenge Ending.
17.54%
10 17.54%
Special Ending. (where you choose to save Agrippa)
28.07%
16 28.07%
None of above. I'd like a new story and setting.
50.88%
29 50.88%
Total 57 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Amnesia sequel story? (spoilers)
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Amnesia sequel story? (spoilers)

If anything more related to Amnesia was released, I'd say prequel.
04-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

I'd like to see more about Daniel and company, and I'm leaning more towards a prequel, but I'd take anything. XD I'm not picky.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2011, 09:14 AM by eiahmon.)
04-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

With this many people want to see a sequel, I'd want to make a custom story called Amnesia: Prequel Tongue

04-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Website Find
DemonGhoul Offline

Threads: 1

I'd be surprised if Frictional Games actully did deicide to make a sequel/prequel to Amnesia, either way it'd be nice to see more of the characters from the original game. There are fair few holes that were never filled in, or maybe I'm just too picky.

Either way, we can always make custom stories Tongue.
04-22-2011, 05:50 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(04-22-2011, 05:50 AM)DemonGhoul Wrote: I'd be surprised if Frictional Games actully did deicide to make a sequel/prequel to Amnesia, either way it'd be nice to see more of the characters from the original game. There are fair few holes that were never filled in, or maybe I'm just too picky.

Either way, we can always make custom stories Tongue.

What do you think will happen after completely filling all those holes? People will forget about it and never remember again.

Only way is custom stories which are not official and depend on the maker.

Argh! Goddammit stupid kids! They're everywhere!

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2011, 07:08 AM by Tanshaydar.)
04-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Website Find
RMJ Offline

Threads: 4

THat would be cool, either that or a new horror games..

There are so few game companies today that make good horror games, seriously some people actully think Dead space are good and spooky games ? LOL.

But thats all about the gotta sell games to all ages i guess :S

Even a new horror game like amnesia or just one using this setting or a new setting, castle or not.

Amnesia and penumbra is definitely the best horror games ive ever played, and up there among overall best games.

Also its great to use the engine youve come to know as a developer. i think it was Valve at some point that said something about, Each time we get good with our tools, is when we just finish the game, and then we move on to new tech, it kinda makes sense, since you now have become better and good with the tools, to make more content on that engine / game. ofc one can always upgrade said engine along the way. like they do with source.

Ive always thought about a horror version of Wolfenstein 3d, just imagine Amnesia type of game atmosfear and engine, + Wolfenstein the maze levels and such hehe.
04-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

(04-22-2011, 01:27 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: What do you think will happen after completely filling all those holes?

You said fill all the holes... Blush

I'm sorry, I just had to...

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
04-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

(04-24-2011, 11:28 PM)Doctorcheese Wrote:
(04-22-2011, 01:27 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: What do you think will happen after completely filling all those holes?

You said fill all the holes... Blush

I'm sorry, I just had to...

Giggity. Tongue
04-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Find
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22

I picked Bad Ending, Let the monsters Come! lol.
04-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

I think a good way to go would be to come up with a story thats kind of 'paralleled' by Amnesia. Like for instance, the Saw movies, where after seeing, I think it was the 4th one?, at the very end you see the 4th one coming together with the 3rd one and when they come together you get a bunch of answers or new info that the 3rd one left you hanging on. It's been a while since I played through Amnesia so I forgot all the little angles that would make something like this possible, but if need be it'd be possible to just come up with someone altogether new that inadvertently affected Daniel somehow, or went through something similar. Maybe it could be more of a prequel, someone going through something like Daniel did that happened before we see Daniel's story play out. I just loved that surprise I got at that point in Saw IV when you realize that this whole time this guy's story was playing out simultaneously to Saw III. Would definately be cool to see something that clever again.

No matter what Frictional does, sequel/prequel or a whole different character and plot, I love what they've done so far and I'm definately pre-ordering anything they release. I just hope they stick with the horror genre.
04-25-2011, 06:34 AM
Find