Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which Dark Descent ending do you want a continuation of the story of?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bad Ending.
3.51%
2 3.51%
Revenge Ending.
17.54%
10 17.54%
Special Ending. (where you choose to save Agrippa)
28.07%
16 28.07%
None of above. I'd like a new story and setting.
50.88%
29 50.88%
Total 57 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Amnesia sequel story? (spoilers)
Welsh cake Offline

Threads: 2
Amnesia sequel story? (spoilers)

If Frictional were to continue with Daniel's story from Amnesia Dark Descent which ending would you want the sequel to pick up the narrative from? Please state why. ^^

Or, would you rather just have a new story entirely with a different character and setting?
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2011, 09:09 PM by Welsh cake.)
04-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Amnesia sequel story?

Entirely different story!!!!! Let's give Daniel a rest, he's gone through so many terrible things... If we force him to be a character of another horror game, he will certainly pass away from mental breakdown...
04-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

The 'Amnesia Sequel Wanter' wave is coming back...
How come Daniel's story can continue in given circumstances?

04-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Website Find
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4

OMG, you think Amnesia should have a sequel? What an original idea, I don't think this has been brought up on the forum before Tongue

Sarcasm aside, let's put this to rest.

In the good and bad endings Daniel dies, so there's not a lot FG can do there.

In the revenge ending the Shadow no longer pursues Daniel, so if his story was to continue it would have to encompass a completely new plot. I can't speak for other people, but personally I feel that Daniel's story is told, so let's move on.

No matter how good the sequel might be, I think it would detract from the story of the original. Besides, Fomzo's got a point. Don't you think Daniel's been through enough? Smile

I'm probably a bit bias when it comes to sequels cause my FGOAT, Final Fantasy X, was massacred by FFX-2. While I'm sure that FG would make an infinitely better sequel than the equivalent of FFX-2, I just don't want to to see Amnesia cheapened in the same way FFX was.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2011, 04:04 PM by Urrah.)
04-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9

PLease add [spoiler] to your thread name.
04-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Find
Welsh cake Offline

RE: Amnesia sequel story? (spoilers)

(04-16-2011, 10:02 AM)Fomzo Wrote: Let's give Daniel a rest, he's gone through so many terrible things...
New Daniel who has amnesia perhaps, however there's no denying old Daniel was a colossal knob. The past may come back to haunt him, history has a habit of repeating itself.

(04-16-2011, 02:02 PM)Urrah Wrote: No matter how good the sequel might be, I think it would detract from the story of the original. Besides, Fomzo's got a point. Don't you think Daniel's been through enough? Smile
Nope. Big Grin Let the new horrors commence. Besides I've formed an attachment to his character, silly I know.

Quote:I'm probably a bit bias when it comes to sequels cause my FGOAT, Final Fantasy X, was massacred by FFX-2. While I'm sure that FG would make an infinitely better sequel than the equivalent of FFX-2, I just don't want to to see Amnesia cheapened in the same way FFX was.
Amnesia =/= FFX-2

Thankfully. ^_^

(04-16-2011, 02:18 PM)Tottel Wrote: PLease add [spoiler] to your thread name.
Done. Wink
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2011, 09:18 PM by Welsh cake.)
04-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Find
MPS626 Offline

Threads: 3

I thought about this in the 'Good Ending' (I played through all three) and I know most people say it's a bad idea etc etc, but sequel doesn't, to my knowledge, automatically mean you'll be playing the same character, and I was thinking maybe there was some story to be told in how Johann Weyer would save Daniel. I know it's implied that he's pretty powerful and from another world in the game, but I think with some brainstorming another branch of the story could be drawn up from that point, maybe some sort of trial Daniel has to go through to be restored (or whatever else 'help' might mean) or something Johann has to go through as the protagonist to help him.

That being said, I think it probably won't happen but I'm nonetheless looking forward to (having nightmares over) whatever FG comes up with next. Though I do think it's interesting that the ending you got by doing the most in the game (i.e. collecting everything for Weyer's tonic) is also the one that seems the least final (Daniel is either dead or gets a happy ending in the other two).
04-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Find
p0rtalthinker Offline

Threads: 1

I chose the one where you save Agrippa, but I agree that if they were to make an Amnesia followup I'd think a new protagonist (not dealing with the shadow or Alexander) and a new heroine (perhaps Daniel's sister?) would be better.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2011, 10:14 PM by p0rtalthinker.)
04-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Find
Welsh cake Offline

(04-16-2011, 09:36 PM)MPS626 Wrote: That being said, I think it probably won't happen but I'm nonetheless looking forward to (having nightmares over) whatever FG comes up with next. Though I do think it's interesting that the ending you got by doing the most in the game (i.e. collecting everything for Weyer's tonic) is also the one that seems the least final (Daniel is either dead or gets a happy ending in the other two).
People have interpreted the ambiguous ending differently, its anyone's guess, reading blogs and YouTube comments is highly probable Johann Weyer is going to help Daniel get out of where ever he currently, but where?

Daniel is in all likelihood - dead. Is he in Limbo? Hell? The void and darkness of space? Inside the Shadow? All are probably true and it is likely since the Shadow consumed both him and Alexander alive. He may be unable to pass on because in Alexander's words it didn't matter if he fled to the other world, he was still branded by the guardian and would still get caught either way.

I'm happy with this idea if that's where Frictional want to go, more power to them. I can imagine the nightmarish scenery, new monsters and even evading a deformed and insane Alexander who is trying to stop you escaping from whatever you happen to be in.
04-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Find
Sistergoat Offline

Threads: 0

I think a new story would be best, because you would be too familiar with the character and that could take away of a lot of uncertainty. Technically we got a new one with Justine.
04-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Find