Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 3.81 Average
"The Attic" (Chapter 1) Custom Story
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0
RE: "The Attic" (Chapter 1) Custom Story

Fantastic custom story, the atmosphere, scares, design and storyline were all created very well.

Spoiler below!
The part where you get hit back from the door was excellent and really took me by surprise as well as being original. Another good scare was the body that went flying out of the room and through the window, scary yet somewhat, humorous. The only bugs/glitches I came across were the clipping of corpses in other objects.

Enjoyed playing this and part 2 is going to be so damn good, I can tell Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2011, 10:48 AM by Tenno.)
08-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Find
Mr. Bombastic Offline

Threads: 6

Hey, man men. i played it before, i donwloaded it at the first mirror and i also had the same problems.
Spoiler below!
The lantern didn't work for me after the stair event, and it bothered the hell out of me! Walking through all the dark rooms without any kind of light.. I shat myself Undecided
ALSO!! I discovered a new glitch:
Spoiler below!
Where those armors block your way, i thought i had to jump over them so i build a ladder of chairs to jump over. So I made it over this wall, aaaaand the door was locked.. Great, no way back! Dodgy (I stopped playing here.)

Possible Solution: Make Block Boxes there to make sure no one tries to jump over and trap himself. The same at the window, i was near jumping out!!
MORE:
Spoiler below!
I also had two or three notes which were empty, two of those monsters were pretty unfair. The grunt which comes in right after you step in front of that door and that suitor, which also comes in right after you step in front of that door. They are just badly placed in my opinion, no offence.
That was just the bug/glitch report so far. I hope it helped!

Keep on doing and improving this, it really enjoyed it, not to mention that i had no lantern to use Tongue

08-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Yaaay. Its out Big Grin
08-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Website Find
Mosnye Offline

Threads: 3

Spoiler below!

Please do a fix for the lantern bug, I have re-done this story 3 times and after being knocked down I cant use it! Sad

[Image: a.jpg]
08-23-2011, 10:26 AM
Website Find
skypeskype Offline

Awesome custom story bro. The atmosphere is great! I always expected something to pop out. Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. The level design is good too. The scares are preety original. Especially the ones that didnt invovle monsters
Spoiler below!
Like the one in the attic when you heard a brute smashing something. I was so afraid to go back.
The only thing I didnt like were the puzzles. The keys were always beside a note so it wasnt any hard to find them and no crowbars or anything like that. I also find a couple of empty notes. You should look into that.

Overall a great custom story but you still need to explain A LOT of things in the future parts. This was like a prologue.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2011, 10:34 AM by skypeskype.)
08-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Website Find
Stanton Offline

where is download link when its completed?
08-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Find
badfollower Offline

Spoiler below!
That chasing dead body had me rolling, picked up chair and started beating it.
08-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Okay I finished this. Very good one. Couple original scares very good atmosphere. Liked a lot. Just improve more stuff in Chapter 2.

It was very good for your first one.

Spoiler below!
Chase scenes are very good ones, door force scare scared hell out of me and I hate that Justine monster when I must face it in the darkness. Damn.

“Life is a game, play it”
08-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Find
seth1466 Offline

Threads: 4

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20706451/The+Attic.rar

Possible Hot-Fix

-Seth1466

The Attic ModDB
08-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Website Find
Stanton Offline

i ended it, there was some scary moments but you should repair these bugs (door leading to nowhere, when i jump from the window down to the woods, there's no way out and i had to start it again from beggining, empty letters, doors without name[i didnt know what is third floor,second floor, etc.]) Maybe better improve this stuff in chapter 2, after all. I am looking forward on the next chapter
08-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Find