Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Selyp's Custom Models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yes I though about it after understood that it is possible. You only have to make an animated .dae file and it should work just fine.
Thanks Miss Rigi. That's a good idea, I'll try it out and see how it looks. I'm also going to add a glow to them in the model editor, and create a few different variations. I'll post a screen when I get them in game.

Glad to hear animations are supported. When I get around to it I will try and get that fan animated and uploaded.
(09-10-2011, 12:21 AM)Selyp Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Miss Rigi. That's a good idea, I'll try it out and see how it looks. I'm also going to add a glow to them in the model editor, and create a few different variations. I'll post a screen when I get them in game.

Glad to hear animations are supported. When I get around to it I will try and get that fan animated and uploaded.

just make an animated .dae file. Not a stiatic .dae and an .dae_anim file like used in enemies. It should work great if done correctly.

(09-10-2011, 12:21 AM)Selyp Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to hear animations are supported. When I get around to it I will try and get that fan animated and uploaded.

If you're going to force animations on it, i would suggest making sure you can stop it from spinning with PlayPropAnimation() (e.g. by having an "idle" state that has the fan slowly come to a complete stop). This would allow for the fan to be more practical in custom stories.
(09-10-2011, 01:13 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]If you're going to force animations on it, i would suggest making sure you can stop it from spinning with PlayPropAnimation() (e.g. by having an "idle" state that has the fan slowly come to a complete stop). This would allow for the fan to be more practical in custom stories.

Great idea! I'll see what I can do.

Could you make an industrial light like the one here.
Spoiler below!
[Image: AAAAAvCDtxcAAAAAAI57_Q.jpg]
(09-10-2011, 07:50 AM)xdeath Wrote: [ -> ]Could you make an industrial light like the one here.

Spoiler below!

I'm pretty sure I remember models like those in the Penumbra games, though I'm not sure how to get the models over.
(09-10-2011, 02:06 PM)Miss Rigi Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2011, 07:50 AM)xdeath Wrote: [ -> ]Could you make an industrial light like the one here.

Spoiler below!

I'm pretty sure I remember models like those in the Penumbra games, though I'm not sure how to get the models over.
I am very experienced with model conversions from Penumbra to Amnesia and most probably can convert it since I remember a lot of these in Penumbra. But it is a little-bit boring so...anyway...
(09-10-2011, 04:41 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2011, 02:06 PM)Miss Rigi Wrote: [ -> ]

Spoiler below!

I am very experienced with model conversions from Penumbra to Amnesia and most probably can convert it since I remember a lot of these in Penumbra. But it is a little-bit boring so...anyway...
Well if you can I'd very much appreciate it, or you could teach me how to convert from penumbra to amnesia.
I'll try to convert it for you xdeath. Maybe I'll touch it up a little in the conversion process Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6