Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Changing the color of window light and billboards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What would be the best way to make a window look as though it's shining a different color light? I'm not just talking about the billboards that act as the rays, but the actual color of the window too. I was thinking of a really ghetto method which was to place one or more colored fog areas in the window. Or is that the way to do it? lol
You can change the color of billboards in the level editor. However, i am uncertain which functions can be used to disable (hide) billboards if any. Billboards are the best way to go since the game doesn't support volumetric lighting. Fog areas won't give a desirable effect. Color of the window may require editing the object or trying to fake it with box lights.
I created this short video to show if I got what you meant:
http://www.youtube.com/user/superkhyrpa?...isWXIgi0Ek

Just place a billboard in front of the window and use it to adjust the color of the window.
And to change the color of billboards, just connect a billboard into any light and change the color of the light with FadeLightTo function (in this video its just the lights own flicker settings changing the color).
(09-13-2011, 12:55 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: [ -> ]I created this short video to show if I got what you meant:
http://www.youtube.com/user/superkhyrpa?...isWXIgi0Ek

Just place a billboard in front of the window and use it to adjust the color of the window.
And to change the color of billboards, just connect a billboard into any light and change the color of the light with FadeLightTo function (in this video its just the lights own flicker settings changing the color).
Ah so I could use a point light! cool! I didn't mean to make them cycle through different colors, I meant a constant color, so I don't even need a function. Thanks guys! Big Grin
Its kinda easy you got to put a billbord down where you want it then just click on it and set the color of it by pressing. the color button then drag down the color bars.