Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Lang Editor Tool (V1.1 - Spell Checker Added)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
lOl so nice Big Grin
thx for that tool dude
will make my life mutch easier to make that trolol notes xD

but I have a question Tongue when i make this see pic

then this just come
<Entry Name="">The door is locked</Entry>
the name missed Tongue
Could you upload the original language file which this occurs with? Or does it happen to entries you have added?

Quote:As stupid as I sound right now, could you put that in layman's terms? I'm not quite the programmer at the moment >>
If you have something like "hammer & chipper" written, it should be written in the xml as "hammer &amp chipper". The tool didn't do this (though it would load &amp as & correctly).

Edit: NVM found the bug - good find Smile
This is really something, Apjjm!

Going to make things a lot smoother - good work and thank you for the work you put into this. :]
New beta Smile.
http://www.mediafire.com/?s3xl1vdhifry0xo

Fixed all the bugs mentioned.

Edit 2:
This release has been rushed out a little as I wanted to get it out before I'm out for new year's eve. I had to battle visual studio trying to revert my designer code for no apparent reason so hopefully there aren't any stupid errors. Totally professional Tongue.
This looks awesome! However, for some reason I can't right click on the left pane so I can't really see the other options (which I assume are adding categories and such). Do you know what could be causing this?
thx now it works Big Grin

gonna start work with it now
on my 2nd chapter of
The Forgotten House
(12-31-2011, 08:00 PM)triadtimes Wrote: [ -> ]This looks awesome! However, for some reason I can't right click on the left pane so I can't really see the other options (which I assume are adding categories and such). Do you know what could be causing this?
Good spot. Something i forgot to enable when changing around controls. I've uploaded a fixed version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3dr3z1krs3py128
(12-31-2011, 08:07 PM)Apjjm Wrote: [ -> ]Good spot. Something i forgot to enable when changing around controls. I've uploaded a fixed version:

Well, it works in Linux, somewhat. Does it crash on you when you open a .lang file, click on New and then try to insert a new category? Also, is asking to save upon exiting implemented? I know it's implemented at some point, but it's not asking me to save when i open the program, create a category, and then exit.
(12-31-2011, 08:56 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2011, 08:07 PM)Apjjm Wrote: [ -> ]Good spot. Something i forgot to enable when changing around controls. I've uploaded a fixed version:

Well, it works in Linux, somewhat. Does it crash on you when you open a .lang file, click on New and then try to insert a new category? Also, is asking to save upon exiting implemented? I know it's implemented at some point, but it's not asking me to save when i open the program, create a category, and then exit.
Save dialogue on exit hasn't been implemented yet (it will be in the next version though). I cannot re-produce the crash you speak of on my machine running windows 7 x64. If it happens on Linux I cannot make any guarantees about compatibility as this was programmed using c# and the .net framework (along with a call to user32's sendmessage), and it is possible that the freeze is due to the label-edit stuff in the tree view property and it's behaviour on non-windows platforms? It is possible I am not performing the correct sequence of actions however, or that this bug is to do with the loaded file?
(01-01-2012, 04:07 AM)Apjjm Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot re-produce the crash you speak of on my machine running windows 7 x64. If it happens on Linux I cannot make any guarantees about compatibility as this was programmed using c# and the .net framework (along with a call to user32's sendmessage), and it is possible that the freeze is due to the label-edit stuff in the tree view property and it's behaviour on non-windows platforms? It is possible I am not performing the correct sequence of actions however, or that this bug is to do with the loaded file?

Funny thing, i tried to make the program crash again doing the same process, and it didn't crash. However, after several attempts i got it to crash again. Here's the debug info:

Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value has to be >= 0.
Parameter name: length
  at System.Array.Copy (System.Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, System.Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.TreeNodeCollection.Insert (Int32 index, System.Windows.Forms.TreeNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at LangEditor.DisplayForm.addCategory (System.String defaultName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at LangEditor.DisplayForm.addCategoryToolStripMenuItem_Click (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.HandleClick (Int32 mouse_clicks, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent (System.EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem:FireEvent (System.EventArgs,System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemEventType)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mea) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mea) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Either this is fixable or it's just purely random. If purely random, then the blame can easily be placed on the mono framework.
Pages: 1 2 3 4