Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I made a grunt hallucination and he is turned completely around And doesn't run towards me... And in the level editor, i have him facing where my character is going to walk... I want him to be facing me and runs towards me as soon as he pops up!

(09-29-2012, 07:02 PM)ironman0001 Wrote: [ -> ]I made a grunt hallucination and he is turned completely around And doesn't run towards me... And in the level editor, i have him facing where my character is going to walk... I want him to be facing me and runs towards me as soon as he pops up!
Bump
He faces the one way in game at all times. Try using the search bar before posting a thread. Use clever mapping or scripts.
just put ShowEnemyPlayerPosition(string& asName); in the script. Problem solved.
ironman0001, you're creating too many threads. Write all your problems into one thread, so that'll keep things clear in this forum.
I have another question! How do i make the character look around?
With a script?

Use this function:

void StartPlayerLookAt(string& asEntityName, float afSpeedMul, float afMaxSpeed, string& asAtTargetCallback);
void StopPlayerLookAt();
Forces the player to look at a certain entity until StopPlayerLookAt is used.
asEntityName - the entity to look at
afSpeedMul - how fast should the player look at the entity
afMaxSpeed - maximum speed allowed
asAtTargetCallback - function to call when player looks at target
You can use the StartPlayerLookAt script to make the player look at a certain spot. Also, I never fumbled much with these, but the various camera altering scripts should work too depending on your needs.

Look them up in Script functions on the wiki.
(10-01-2012, 07:43 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: [ -> ]With a script?

Use this function:

void StartPlayerLookAt(string& asEntityName, float afSpeedMul, float afMaxSpeed, string& asAtTargetCallback);
void StopPlayerLookAt();
Forces the player to look at a certain entity until StopPlayerLookAt is used.
asEntityName - the entity to look at
afSpeedMul - how fast should the player look at the entity
afMaxSpeed - maximum speed allowed
asAtTargetCallback - function to call when player looks at target
And is there a way to make an enemy just stand without attacking?
(10-01-2012, 07:53 PM)ironman0001 Wrote: [ -> ]And is there a way to make an enemy just stand without attacking?
Possible. You click the enemy (go to its "entity" tab), and select "DisableTriggers" or something like that. That should do it.
Pages: 1 2 3