Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The "I almost died" thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(03-26-2013, 03:02 PM)Jinix Wrote: [ -> ]After 70 years plus-

70+ years? Really?
When I was around 6, my mother took me to a place called "Clubs Sport", which we went to frequently. A older kid was having trouble swimming in the deep side of the pool and I offered to help him. We would both swim out and somehow a little kid (Me, back then I was super skinny. My thigh was the same thickness of my wrist.) would support this 8 or 9 year old kid who weighed at least 70+ pounds.

He freaked out, dragging me down. I was probably only under water for a few seconds (Their were a ton of people around to save us.) but drowning for a couple of seconds can feel like a lifetime. I made sure from then that I didn't swim with other people unless I knew I could save both of ourselves in case they went ballistic on me again.
Well, actually now that I've read Mine turtle's and Statyk's experiences that involved skiing/snowboarding I remember one thing that happened when I was about 9-10 years old. This'll be quite hard to explain so bear with me. I was skiing with my dad and aunt in a pretty easy slope and I hurt my foot. I was pretty sensitive and would cry a lot back then and it wasn't a big deal, so my dad and aunt kept on going. I sat down at the side of of the slope. Before the slope there was a flat part so the slope kind of looked like this:
Spoiler below!

-- _____
x/
/
- is air
/ is snow[/b]
x is me
(It's hard to explain ok?)

Well, I sat there and rested for a bit, while my dad and aunt kept going down the slope and I couldn't see them anymore. I had been there for a couple of minutes when all of a sudden a snowmobile drives right behind me, pretty fast:
Spoiler below!

- Y_____
x/
/
- is air
/ is snow
x is me
Y is snowmobile

I looked behind me and saw the front of it right over me. The driver managed to see me in time and steer to the right. He asked me why I sat there and I told him that my foot hurt, he gave me a ride down the slope yaddayadda. Well, if he hadn't have seen me I would've been crushed by a 500 lbs and probably not be here right now.
(03-25-2013, 11:34 PM)Dogfood Wrote: [ -> ]So i was thinking that i'd just post this crap in random thread, but then i thought "hey, this could turn out to be something interesting to read"

So, in this thread.. I want you to share with us one of those moments that could have gone REALLY bad but they haven't.

Now, i don't know if its normal but it keeps happening to me.. I'm a real lucker.

Stuff like that: Yesterday i was just sitting on my chair.. watching Ken's slenderman playthrough while playing with a screwdriver in my other hand. When suddenly, the typical slenderman jumpscare appears and i jump in my chair and react in the most dumbest way possible. I did the facepalm motion with the hand where i had the screwdriver, almost gouging my eye out with that blasted thing. I hit myself right in the eyebrow.

It was...painfull. And it was so close to my eye that if i hit myself just a few inches lower i'd probably blind myself.

i get about 20 of these "Oh shit that was close" (mostly with knives) moments a day now... I think someone cursed me Sad

YOUR TURN!

lol u dumb.
(03-26-2013, 05:29 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: [ -> ]lol u dumb.

Watch your mouth, donatello boy!

I still have that screwdriver with me and im not afraid to use it!
I've never been close to death before. My life is very sheltered.
Doesn't anybody have a "I almost lived" moment?
(03-26-2013, 11:53 PM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't anybody have a "I almost lived" moment?

Wait wut.
I was attacked by a homeless guy with a knife last night.
Results (Warning, not sure if this counts as gore.)
Spoiler below!

[Image: WjmabX3.jpg]

(03-26-2013, 03:02 PM)Jinix Wrote: [ -> ]After 70 years plus I can say that everyone has multiple near death experiences throughout life and many have real death experiences that they don't live to tell.

Some of my more dramatic ones are:
Pneumonia at 15
almost drowning 5 miles off of Miami Beach and having to get back to shore alone at night. Thankfully I never thought of sharks while gulping seawater and gasping for air and going into minor panic.
Several serious car crash almosts.
Literally leaping from a 2nd floor burning building, naked, during a snow storm in Minnesota.
Falling down a 75ft cliff in Canada
Trapped in a blizzard for two days while hitchhiking through Montana.
Chased by a bear
Mugged by three guys with a gun.

Plus lots of other stupid mistakes that either led to injury or almosts.

But now my more real near deathers involve waiting to kick it from a heart attack or falling in the shower or down the stairs.

I WANT TO MEET YOU SO YOU CAN TELL ME STORIES OF THE GOOD OL' DAYS

PLEASE THAT WOULD BE SO COOL
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5