Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: I don't know why this error appears...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I have problem with map script. When I go through the level door
error appears.

Here is the screen of error + script.

[Image: 2kq26t.jpg]

And thanks for help.

EDIT: This is actully very small pic, here's the link for big one:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2kq26t.jpg
PHP Code:
void monsterfunc()
{
ShowEnemyPlayerPosition("monster_1);

I think thats your issue. You don't have a closing quotation mark Smile

Change it to this:
PHP Code:
ShowEnemyPlayerPosition("monster_1"); 
Yeah, I too think that's the problem. See all that gray text - the syntax highlighter recognised it as strings, because of that missing quotation mark, so, if the AngelScript parser/compiler does something similar, it doesn't even treat that gray text as script code; to it, it's just some textual data.

When you correct the error, function names should be consistently colored black, and only the strings which are the names of your entities, and other things you supply as data yourself, should be gray.
That looks like the C++ language setting. =p

I suppose they're quite similar, but maybe you'd be inerested in the HPL notepad++ plugins on the wiki?
(05-18-2013, 04:17 PM)Tomato Cat Wrote: [ -> ]That looks like the C++ language setting. =p

I suppose they're quite similar, but maybe you'd be inerested in the HPL notepad++ plugins on the wiki?

Nah check out the bottom left corner of the screen - says 'User Defined File - HPS' Smile
(05-18-2013, 07:05 PM)Adrianis Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2013, 04:17 PM)Tomato Cat Wrote: [ -> ]That looks like the C++ language setting. =p

Nah check out the bottom left corner of the screen - says 'User Defined File - HPS' Smile

Oh. >.< My color scheme must be different.
Hellyeah, it worked. I'm blind if I didn't saw that ;_;