Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: AAMFP's Unused Materials
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Even if its just a resize I would say the big kid enemy is mentionable as an unused entity.
Good point, what the hell was that huge kid supposed to be for? Maybe he was intended to be used as a kind of Stay Puft Marshmallow Man enemy in the streets level.
Big kid?
Yeah, WTF?
Oh I see, first post for pics etc. First of all that model was used in-game around two times I think to show the dead children. Secondly, it is very big because of some scaling issues the old tools have with Pigs models. I think it should be fixed when the new editors/update officially come out. There's a beta released so far by Patrick (more like Release Candidate at this point but whatever...).
Do you remember which scenes the big kid was used in?

While it's true there are scaling problems with many AAMFP assets, I think this "Big Kid" one is intentionally large. It's labelled big_kid.ent, whereas the normal child models are simply labelled child.ent. Plus the assets which have a scaling problem tend to be only about 1.5 times larger than they should; this asset seems to be about 50 times larger haha.

The flappers not being included in a more direct fashion in the game may have been because they're so buggy to interact with. I've been playing with the new assets in the level editor, and the flappers ("plastic_curtains") can be pretty insane when you walk through them haha. This may have been why they were relegated to background props, away from Mandus' reach.
I can't get the image of Mandus' sons going all Godzilla on London out of my head.
where excectly are these "flappers" located at? I'm guessings these are the ones who were used in the trailer. Just curious...
I don't remember exactly when but it was later-on in the game near the end. At that scene you see them in the distance and when you get close they put their hands in their chests and remove their hearts in front of you. I don't think the kids were considered to me an enemy at some point because it doesn't really make sense to me.
Which kids? Mandus' kids or Mandus' "kids"?
Pages: 1 2 3