Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Questin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
any modelers/skinners/etc here? just wondering Big Grin:
I'm currently learning how to model in Blender3D. Texturing is my worse side though.
oh also forgot to add to first post, post some of your works Big Grin

heres some of mine
Spoiler below!

[Image: wip3-2.png]
[Image: head1.jpg]
[Image: Claymore___Clair__s_sword_by_Osa_Soft.png]
[Image: 3D_Death_Note_WIP_10_by_Osa_Soft.png]
[Image: 95214_1.jpg]

I'm a modeler and textured, but suck at anything natural looking. I work primarily in wc3.
Main video that showed some stuff I did in penumbra.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfkVqnoFjcY

To be honest, I could probably make the same scene in a day. I've gotten so much better than than. Really looking forward to Lux Tenebras and it's level editor.
that looks neat, let me know if you need any models done ;o
i also use 3ds max
I use 3dmax to model, but I prefer maya 50x times over it. In fact, I made this scene (with textures, tiled it and created normals/spec just for this) in under an hour with maya.
Custom textures only.
Going for more of a caved-in look to it.
Spoiler below!

[Image: sceneviewer200901181503cb8.jpg]

[Image: sceneviewer200901181503je3.jpg]

[Image: sceneviewer200901181503yn3.jpg]

I did have a hallway with a broken piece to the wall - I applied too weak of a light in the room it connected to.
When I went into maya to fix it - it crashed. =(
yeah i heard maya is more complete but 3ds max is faster and more easier to work with it or something like that. Anyway, you choose what you want Wink
Yupp, it's not the software that makes the models, it's the artist that uses the software. ^^
3dmax is faster in rendering, but I can barely work in 3dmax.
In maya, making a chair isn't hard.
In 3dmax for me, I don't even dare attempt it.

And software kind of makes the modeling artist. Try and make some of the models from zbrush in maya or 3dmax - takes a lot longer with lower quality.
Pages: 1 2