Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: No Floors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really don't understand and it's starting to get infuriating. I created a simple hallway using the default textures, but a section of flooring just refuses to appear in-game. I've tried recreating it, changing textures, saving as a different map file, moving the entire map over, NOTHING works! the thing is, the rest of the games floors work just fine. It's so stupid!

THIS
Try going to Documents\Amnesia\Main and post the hpl.log file. Perhaps it says the error of why it isn't loading.

By the way, have you deleted any .map_cache files from the map folder? That could fix it, although since you saved the map as a different name, I don't think that's the issue.
Your floor, in game, can you walk over it as if it is there?
(07-14-2014, 10:19 AM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]Your floor, in game, can you walk over it as if it is there?

No, I fall right through into a void.
Even a plane with no texture at all should still be solid. Weird, especially if you've tried all of those things you mention - and if there're no bugs in the log, and deleted the cache.

A few more things to try:

- What happens when you move it? i.e., just put it somewhere random like at waist height in another room.

- In game, point at in "inspection mode" - is there anything there at all? e.g. a non-solid black plane, or is it just open void?

- Check the name of your plane, open up the map file in your text editor and search for it by name. Spot anything unusual?

- Select everything except your mystery plane (use Ctrl-F). Export it all to a .expobj file, then import that back into a clean map. Now try re-creating the plane.
You're absolutely right, point taken... but if you create a plane and then, say, accidentally delete the texture, it's invisible but it still exists and is solid.
Yeah, that can also happen if the planes are located out of reach by the resources file.