Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: My notes have to text!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(09-17-2014, 06:51 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]What's your MainSaveFolder? I forgot it was a mod, so because of that you need to look in that folder instead of the Main one within Documents\Amnesia.

Yes, the hpl.log that I look is of my mod save folder! I found a couple of error, but I don't find any notes errors, Here is my .log file, oh and don't mind with some areas that the game don't find, is because I change some events and I don't remove the areas from the scripts!
(09-18-2014, 03:14 PM)DarkPearStudios Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2014, 06:51 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]What's your MainSaveFolder? I forgot it was a mod, so because of that you need to look in that folder instead of the Main one within Documents\Amnesia.

Yes, the hpl.log that I look is of my mod save folder! I found a couple of error, but I don't find any notes errors, Here is my .log file, oh and don't mind with some areas that the game don't find, is because I change some events and I don't remove the areas from the scripts!

Sorry, I forgot of upload the hpl.log
Quote:Couldn't load language file 'lamburs_machine/config/langenglish.lang'

Knowing Amnesia's folder layout, I can assume you are missing a "/" between "lang" and "english" in your main_init.cfg file.

Post your main_init file and I'll take a look at it for you.
(09-18-2014, 08:54 PM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Couldn't load language file 'lamburs_machine/config/langenglish.lang'

Knowing Amnesia's folder layout, I can assume you are missing a "/" between "lang" and "english" in your main_init.cfg file.

Post your main_init file and I'll take a look at it for you.

Here is my main_init.cfg file!

Oh, and just one more thing, is necessary put that map cache files? Example: 01_robertmansion.map_cache How I create? and for monsters, is necessary put that nodes files? Example: 05_reformedtunnels_wretch_tunnels.nodes
(09-18-2014, 11:31 PM)DarkPearStudios Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, and just one more thing, is necessary put that map cache files? Example: 01_robertmansion.map_cache How I create? and for monsters, is necessary put that nodes files? Example: 05_reformedtunnels_wretch_tunnels.nodes

The cache files create when the map is run for the first time. It is there to allow computers with slower performance and/or have troubles running Amnesia fully to load maps quicker. The nodes ones are similar - they remember the location and behaviour of a monster within a map so that they don't need to be created.

I believe I have found your problem as well:

Code:
GameLanguageFolder = "lamburs_machine/config/lang"

This line in your main_init.cfg. It is missing a slash on the end, so it should actually like this:

Code:
GameLanguageFolder = "lamburs_machine/config/lang/"

That should fix it up - provided your language file is called english.lang Smile
(09-19-2014, 02:32 AM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2014, 11:31 PM)DarkPearStudios Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, and just one more thing, is necessary put that map cache files? Example: 01_robertmansion.map_cache How I create? and for monsters, is necessary put that nodes files? Example: 05_reformedtunnels_wretch_tunnels.nodes

The cache files create when the map is run for the first time. It is there to allow computers with slower performance and/or have troubles running Amnesia fully to load maps quicker. The nodes ones are similar - they remember the location and behaviour of a monster within a map so that they don't need to be created.

I believe I have found your problem as well:

Code:
GameLanguageFolder = "lamburs_machine/config/lang"

This line in your main_init.cfg. It is missing a slash on the end, so it should actually like this:

Code:
GameLanguageFolder = "lamburs_machine/config/lang/"

That should fix it up - provided your language file is called english.lang Smile

Thank you! It Works!

[Image: mIAyaIN.jpg]

But, still no cache and nodes files, and I run the maps various times, but they don't appear... But Thank you! One more in the list of special thanks.
The cache files aren't necessary. Just ignore them unless they cause you trouble. It might be a setting you have that makes them not use caches, but whoever else that might be playing your mod probably doesn't have it.
(09-19-2014, 01:04 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]The cache files aren't necessary. Just ignore them unless they cause you trouble. It might be a setting you have that makes them not use caches, but whoever else that might be playing your mod probably doesn't have it.

Ok! But... Do you know someone that can help me with the script? because I'm not so good with programming!
I can help you, if you have questions.
I won't be considered a worker on your mod, but you can always ask me questions ^^
(09-19-2014, 03:49 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: [ -> ]I can help you, if you have questions.
I won't be considered a worker on your mod, but you can always ask me questions ^^

Ok! I believe that will not be much things but, if I need help, can I send a PM to you?
Pages: 1 2 3 4