Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Need help in Water cave - Overture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been playing through Overture and really enjoying it, until I got to the water cave area, where the spiders burst out of the eggs and chase you whilst you smash through the boulders with the axe.

I cannot physically do this section of the game! My guy doesn't run fast enough to stay ahead of the spiders, and after smashing the first boulder I get chomped by the spiders and die.

What am I doing wrong?!?! Huh
It means that you are walking. Use left-shift and W buttons at the same time, and then you actually run. But remember, you can't run when you hold boxes or something on you hand.
I'd suggest you use a flashlight and free your hand for whatever you need to do. The spiders are sensitive to light. It doesn't kill them, but they run away.
Dynamite is your friend. If you saved it up, that is.
The thing is you´re supposed to smash a pillar, which will start a rockslide, which crush the spiders... this will win you some time, however if you´re still too slow the rockslide will kill you too.

Otherwise, if you´re playing on easy difficulty you would have enough time to smash through the boulders before the spiders have eaten all of you (you´ll take damage but you´ll survive).