Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Is it possible to bind StickyArea to Entities?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello. Please tell me whether you can make StickyArea was tied to a moving object (entity). For example, a rope or cord can be attached to an object that can be taken in hand? I apologize for any errors. I understand very little English, so I write through an interpreter. Thank you in advance.
(08-31-2015, 08:14 PM)Flisk Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. Please tell me whether you can make StickyArea was tied to a moving object (entity). For example, a rope or cord can be attached to an object that can be taken in hand? I apologize for any errors. I understand very little English, so I write through an interpreter. Thank you in advance.

Do you mean like moving platforms in the air?
(08-31-2015, 08:21 PM)TheTieMan Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean like moving platforms in the air?

Something like that. To be able to take it in his hands.
(08-31-2015, 08:24 PM)Flisk Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2015, 08:21 PM)TheTieMan Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean like moving platforms in the air?

Something like that. To be able to take it in his hands.

Possibly. But I think any entitiy reacting to the sticky area will be stuck in mid air, and not follow the sticky area.
It works bro. Why? it's not working?
(08-31-2015, 09:24 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly. But I think any entitiy reacting to the sticky area will be stuck in mid air, and not follow the sticky area.
So I thought maybe there is a code in * .hps ?

(08-31-2015, 09:50 PM)Daemian Wrote: [ -> ]It works bro. Why? it's not working?
I just do not know, this is done in the editor or * .hps? And what need the code? To allow grab entity in hands with StickyArea.
Thinking further about it, no, it is not possible.
You can make a script that makes the area follow the entity you want, but I don't think the area will work like a sticky area by then.
(09-01-2015, 02:55 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking further about it, no, it is not possible.
You can make a script that makes the area follow the entity you want, but I don't think the area will work like a sticky area by then.
It's a pity, if so. Because the plans I had - to create a flamethrower. Sad
Anyway, thanks for the reply.
I'm confused, what's his question?

1) To have an object you can pick up in-game and place it on a sticky area.
2) Or, an object that has a sticky area attached to it.

What kind of puzzle you're trying to make Flisk?
(09-01-2015, 07:22 PM)Daemian Wrote: [ -> ]2) Or, an object that has a sticky area attached to it.

This is what I assume it's about. Binding sticky area to entity.
Pages: 1 2 3