Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Help Request on Localization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to the files I found,
the English language data file ("english.lang") does not contain quote lines (voice lines).
It looks like quote lines are in *.anno files.
It also seems that user can customize the lines since French and Russian language file have those quote lines (For example, Entry Name="General_8_*..Player_001")

Since I don't know French and Russian, I am not able to write Korean lang file from them.

(1) Can you give us original English.lang file?
(2) Or can you tell us the structure of anno files?
all voices are in .lang files found in the maps/chxx/ folder.

You can also do like this:
Open the user settings file in Documents/My Games/SOMA set DebugMode to true. Start SOMA, when at the main menu press F1 to bring up a debug menu. Look through it and you will find a button that says "merge lang files" click it and it will prompt you to save an english_merged.lang file. You can then open this file and it will contain all the entires.
(09-22-2015, 02:13 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]all voices are in .lang files found in the maps/chxx/ folder.

You can also do like this:
Open the user settings file in Documents/My Games/SOMA set DebugMode to true. Start SOMA, when at the main menu press F1 to bring up a debug menu. Look through it and you will find a button that says "merge lang files" click it and it will prompt you to save an english_merged.lang file. You can then open this file and it will contain all the entires.

Wow, Thanks sir!
Another help please
I have generated fnt files with dds files with custom font files.
But it seems broken in the game. At least, alphabet letters should be written in clear font.

I have used DXT3 compression like what I did for amnesia : the dark descent.
Uploaded file is sample font that I have made.

Is there any problem?
After translating english_merged.lang, what are the following steps, to make localization work?
Someone had an issue with fonts fixed by using DXT5 instead of 3 for the compression.
(10-06-2015, 03:39 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]Someone had an issue with fonts fixed by using DXT5 instead of 3 for the compression.

Thanks for helping us.

However I found that "base_korean.lang" strategy won't work.
It seems that the list of supported languages are wired on the code.

Also, I have another question.
The thing is that in subtitle, the name of speaker is written in english:

For example, It is presented as "Simon: 안녕?" (Hello?)
What I want to do is to make it like "사이먼: 안녕?".
Is it possible to change the name-tag in the game?

(Sorry for my bad English.)
Put base_korean.lang in config/, korean.lang in config/lang_main/ and then you have to open SOMA/script/modules/MenuHandler.hps in a text editor. Search for Get lang files and you'll see the script where it loads all the lang files. Copy one of them and edit it to be mvLangFiles.push_back("korean"); and now it should work!

The name of the person talking is not possible to translate I'm afraid.
Is it possible to create hebrew translate for SOMA?
Pages: 1 2