Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: coincidence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: 1275d7643af2.jpg]
Oh, Frictional Games has copied a lot of game-included-things.
But theres no copyright on it.
I have not playes Darkness Within, but Amnesia will be much better because HLP-Engine and better developerWink:.

The Oillamp (or latern) is a stolen idea from Darkness Within.
Looks real similar there.
Similar does not mean copied in the sense that this thread is implying. Frictional is not ripping off anyone else's game.
Well, Gordon Freeman uses a flashlight in the original Half-Life...that must mean Frictional copied from that as well.
(02-21-2010, 05:43 PM)graykin Wrote: [ -> ]Well, Gordon Freeman uses a flashlight in the original Half-Life...that must mean Frictional copied from that as well.

Haha! That's a good reply, in my opinion. Big Grin

Having meat hanging from the ceiling like that... that's not exactly something anyone has "come up with" for a certain game, that's what's normal to do with butchered animals. It's called a "meat locker". See pics in links below.

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/GLW/GLW...231037.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...orocco.JPG
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2...947983.jpg

Having a meat locker in a horror game really isn't that new - but it certainly isn't something you'd need to copy from anywhere, either. Anyone can come up with that. Fact is, it makes sense having a meat locker(or more) in a medieval castle, anyway.
They copied the idea of a room full of juicy hanging meat from what they saw in my underwear.
(02-21-2010, 07:57 PM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]They copied the idea of a room full of juicy hanging meat from what they saw in my underwear.

The horror! THE HORROR!!! :lol:

*Note: The meat hanging in the meat locker there looks rotten... Lee..? Ewww!*
Well, it's a horror game. They can't just have my hanging meat there. They had to make it all dead for creepy effect.

Okay well anyway I don't think two games using a lantern is a very unoriginal thing.
(02-21-2010, 05:43 PM)graykin Wrote: [ -> ]Well, Gordon Freeman uses a flashlight in the original Half-Life...that must mean Frictional copied from that as well.
(02-21-2010, 07:50 PM)Guyra Wrote: [ -> ]Haha! That's a good reply, in my opinion. Big Grin
I don't think it's a good response. Since when is a flashlight the same thing as a lantern?
Both images are set in underground castle tunnels with a similar dark mood and color palette, plus there are stinking hunks of meat hanging down from the roof in both pictures while the main character lights them up with a lantern held in a white man's hand with a sleeve showing.
I'd say they are pretty similar.

Half Life is a science fiction first-person shooter set in a sterile science facility with no horror, no lanterns and no slobs of meat hanging from the roof other than the tounge-enemies.
Pages: 1 2 3