Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: 2 weeks left
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
To be honest I'm hoping it won't be SO long because I have school, but I don't doubt it'll be crazy fucking choc full of greatness.
I'm curious as to whether it will have more content than the Penumbra games. I won't ask how many hours, because that's kind of a silly metric, but which of the games is it supposed to be longer or shorter than?
Apparently they were aiming for between 6 to 8 hours, or at least that's an estimate from a while ago. For twenty dollars I'd say that's pretty meaty.
Will the game be released in a boxed version like the Penumbra games or will you only be able to buy the game online?
(08-28-2010, 11:30 PM)Amakir Wrote: [ -> ]Will the game be released in a boxed version like the Penumbra games or will you only be able to buy the game online?

Unknown at this time. Boxed version is probably more likely if more digital copies sell though. Wink
(08-29-2010, 08:56 AM)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Amnesia release:

Hehe, nice one. Smile
What i think is sad is that most people want it in an Boxed version. I wanted the same thing, but i now see that FG needs to sell more before they start makin boxed version.
(08-29-2010, 12:07 PM)SuddenJonatan Wrote: [ -> ]What i think is sad is that most people want it in an Boxed version. I wanted the same thing, but i now see that FG needs to sell more before they start makin boxed version.

I would be interested in the process and the downside for the developers, for selling the game in a boxed version by a publisher. Maybe someone can tell something about it?
Is it like, when you've made a contract, the developer almost has nothing left and most money goes to the publisher? Perhaps he decides, what elements there should be and should not be in the game? And the release date of course should best be yesterday... I hope not...
Do most people want a boxed version? I thought it was just a small minority.

You can always buy both, it's not an expensive game. Then you get to play it as soon as possible AND have a nice box later.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5