Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Possible issue with non-steam mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently released a mod, but multiple users have been having problems with it on non steam versions of the game.

1 recent issue was reported with one guy being unable to start up his game(using modlauncher), who only managed to get it working if he changed a line in the ressources.cfg, so it points to:

<Directory Path="/mods/assets" AddSubDirs="true"></Directory>

instead of:

<Directory Path="/assets" AddSubDirs="true"></Directory>

Since it seems to work fine for both me and other steam owners of the game, I want to know if this is intended, or if it is a bug with the non-steam versions.

As well using /mods/assets for some reason seems to have the consequence of certain graphics not loading in the terminal audio player, but it loads fine when its just set to /assets.
The behaviour changes depending on whether you have that line above or below the normal /assets line. Have you tried using just /mods? Is it located at the top or bottom of the resources file? Try the opposite.
sorry it seams this was accidently posted in the wrong directory, meant to post in SOMA development support