Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Penumbra Level Editor???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Blender is free legally. http://www.blender.org

Isn't there a free version of Max or Maya? I thought there was a game development version of Max that was free, but I could be thinking of an old version or something
(02-13-2011, 02:19 AM)Bek Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2011, 03:50 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: [ -> ]yea theres tons of free modelers, i used 3dmax or something when i was dabbling with modeling for a while. blender is generally regarded as the best of the best though. since theyre free, you can try 'em all! Tongue

3ds max is most certainly not free Tongue

Oh...well i suppose I got the pirate bay discount...
I got blender, so now I'm trying to follow this tutorial: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl1/tut...troduction
But what does it mean by HPL Helper? It doesn't say what and where HPL Helper is. Anyone help?

EDIT: Nvm, found HPL Helper. Continuing tutorial. Big Grin
If you successfully release a level...you will be making history! I very much look forward to seeing how this pans out!
Yeah, I've been trying to get the physics to work when exporting from blender let me know if you have any luck!
Thanks for the posts. I might work on it today because you inspired me to. What I'm having trouble with is adding new walls and ceilings and ground. Theres only a block right now in the level Sad
Hello everyone. Been working on the level. All I made so far is a EXTREMELY SUPER VERY SUPER COMPLETELY basic room. The walls, ceiling, and ground don't have any textures yet because I need to learn how to add them to walls. (I'm a complete newbie to 3d modelers, But I think by a little weeks/months, I'll get better.) The thing that is making me sooooo tired on is if you want to export the level into a .dae file, you have to get ANOTHER program called python. Thankfully, its free. And it requires NOT the latest version. But I didn't know, I got version 3 and the same error showed up. So now, i'm getting very bored, and I have to get an outdated version of python. Aggh, hopefully, this will turn out good.
You might want to try using the beta version of blender, it works a bit better, and you python is included with it (I think)

PM me if you have any more blender-related problems!
I'm more of a programmer than an artist, so this could just be me only knowing about the code side of game development, but isn't python a programming language? How does it have to do with modeling?
/edit: By "more of a programmer than an artist" I mean I know 6 programming languages and can't even draw a recognizable dog! Tongue
Blender uses some of the python binaries and libraries in some of it's scripts, I'm pretty sure that blender 2.56 has a bundled python installation with it, so you don't have to install python separately.
Pages: 1 2 3