Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia killed the horror genre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(01-24-2011, 03:15 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, you sound like a hardcore fanboy. I really hope you are not one of them.
(01-24-2011, 03:15 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]I led a Silent Hill fan-website for a long time...
Hmm...
And yeah, when talking about Silent Hill, I completely forgot there were others besides 1-4. My subconscious is protecting me, clearly.
(01-24-2011, 03:15 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]I admit that I have a weird appetite. I liked BioShock 2 over BioShock 1.
I'd call that very weird, yes.
Tanshaydar
Quote:Lol, you sound like a hardcore fanboy. I really hope you are not one of them.
Actually, if you like SH5 as much as previous 3 games (SH123) then it's you who are fanboy here, my friend.
(01-25-2011, 12:04 PM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, if you like SH5 as much as previous 3 games (SH123) then it's you who are fanboy here, my friend.

I didn't hear it. I played it. I dug it. Then I liked it. And it's not 5, it's Homecoming.
Go on and continue to hear.
I'd say theyre giving life to the horror genre. Doom 3, Dead Space, Silent Hill 5 and all the new ''horror'' games are more like action games.
Dead Space is ridiculous. I really can't feel scared playing it. and the jump scares are pretty cheap. It's a good game, ok, but it's not a horror game.
(12-02-2010, 04:12 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2010, 04:53 AM)thiz Wrote: [ -> ]So good job Frictional Games, you ruined the genre! (Ironic) Am I the only one feeling like that?

You misused ironic so freaking horribly! Damn dude, learn English! Irony is a great literary tool but I seldom see it used properly...

Also, there is a nearly Identical thread posted (by me Tongue) just a few days ago...

I totally agree though, impossible to play anything else that calls itself "scary"! However, Penumbra is way scarier as pointed out by HamStar. Amnesia is scary, but anyone who says Amnesia is scarier has not played Penumbra. Amnesia, however, is a better overall game. (well i prefer the penumbras because of the scares, so I think they're better, but Amnesia is "better")

It's all based on opinion. I played Penumbra before Amnesia, but I found Amnesia far more scary.
(01-25-2011, 07:06 PM)kailip Wrote: [ -> ]Dead Space is ridiculous. I really can't feel scared playing it. and the jump scares are pretty cheap. It's a good game, ok, but it's not a horror game.

i just begun playing Dead Space 2 on my laptop and it"s A LOT scarier then the first one.

try it , you might like this sequell better
Dead space isn't a horror game though???
(01-29-2011, 06:43 PM)Sel Wrote: [ -> ]Dead space isn't a horror game though???

survival horror to be precise ...
It's action horror, not survival horror. Oh boy things jumping out of walls and running at you so scary. Let me just shoot them all in the fucking face.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19