Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How to make a gust push a door and a chair?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How? I am trying to make it more creepier for my story, how?
(03-14-2011, 04:24 AM)XxItachi09xX Wrote: [ -> ]How? I am trying to make it more creepier for my story, how?

Scripting.

Here are the funcs

For the chair
AddPropImpulse("chair", 0, 0, 0, "world");

The three 0's are the cords for the X, Y, Z axis. "chair" is name of the entity and "world" is the CordSystem, you normally want to leave it as "world".

For the door, it's the same
AddPropImpulse("door", 0, 0, 0, "world");

You'll want to add the impulse on which way it opens.
Example: If the door swings open towards the X axis, increasingly, it'll be something like this:

AddPropImpulse("door", 0.8f, 0, 0, "world");
(03-14-2011, 05:19 AM)Russ Money Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2011, 04:24 AM)XxItachi09xX Wrote: [ -> ]How? I am trying to make it more creepier for my story, how?

Scripting.

Here are the funcs

For the chair
AddPropImpulse("chair", 0, 0, 0, "world");

The three 0's are the cords for the X, Y, Z axis. "chair" is name of the entity and "world" is the CordSystem, you normally want to leave it as "world".

For the door, it's the same
AddPropImpulse("door", 0, 0, 0, "world");

You'll want to add the impulse on which way it opens.
Example: If the door swings open towards the X axis, increasingly, it'll be something like this:

AddPropImpulse("door", 0.8f, 0, 0, "world");

void OpenDoorScare(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
AddPropImpulse("mansion_1", 0.8f, 0, 0, "world");
AddPropImpulse("chair_wood02_18", 0.8f, 0, 0, "world");
}

No effects. Can you please tell me step by step? I put the .hps like this but it doesn't have a effect when i am testing the mapm
Are you wanting the player to interact with something to cause the triggers? Or when they collide with an area script?
Collide with an area.
Can i ask a question? What is X Y Z axis?
(03-16-2011, 07:35 AM)Raymond Wrote: [ -> ]Can i ask a question? What is X Y Z axis?

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-6910.html
(03-16-2011, 11:06 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2011, 07:35 AM)Raymond Wrote: [ -> ]Can i ask a question? What is X Y Z axis?

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-6910.html

Ok thank you very much Smile.
Well it moved but didn't open the door.
You have to put it in the direction of the door that opens. Door might be opening to the X, Y, Z, -X, -Y or even -Z direction.
I did put to the correct axis. When i trigger it, it just look like someone kicked it (not open)Confused.
Pages: 1 2