Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Outdoor Environments Tutorial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(04-25-2011, 03:46 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: [ -> ]I have absolutely no idea how to add an article to that Wiki :p

If i'm correct, you can simply go to this page:
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...tutorial_3

And start writing Big Grin (Or you probably need a account.)
NVM. gggggggg
Mk, so, can anyone who has used GIMP for a skybox help me out? I have downloaded a texture from cgtextures, and I have gotten the dds plugin for GIMP, but no matter what I try to do with it, the editor will not find the file.

I tried to get a trial of photoshop, but they don't seem to be offering them at the moment.

Any information would be most appreciated, and if I need to provide more info from my end, please let me know.

Thanks.
Very nice tutorial! I got a problem with my skybox though. I downloaded a cubemap from CGTextures, but when opening it in photoshop and trying to save it with your settings, I get the message: "Need six images side by side with an equal height."

Got any clue on how to get it to work? Wink
(04-28-2011, 06:37 AM)junkfood2121 Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice tutorial! I got a problem with my skybox though. I downloaded a cubemap from CGTextures, but when opening it in photoshop and trying to save it with your settings, I get the message: "Need six images side by side with an equal height."

Got any clue on how to get it to work? Wink

This happened to me when the image size wasn't in powers of 2. Did you make the size, say, 8192x1024?
Yeah. I changed the size exactly to that size, yet I still get that error o0.
Hmm, that's weird. Send me the link of the image you want in SkyBox form and I'll do it for you.
-----
Sure, just send me the link.
Well, I just wanted to test with some different skyboxes for fun! I'm not sure why it doesn't work. I took the DDS Plugin for photoshop from Crysis 3. Idk if that could be the problem? The plugin is free right?
Pages: 1 2 3 4