Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Outdoor Environments Tutorial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(04-28-2011, 05:12 PM)junkfood2121 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I just wanted to test with some different skyboxes for fun! I'm not sure why it doesn't work. I took the DDS Plugin for photoshop from Crysis 3. Idk if that could be the problem? The plugin is free right?

Oh I have only used NVidia's DDS exporter, I have no idea how other ones work.
-----
That's really weird, whenever I try saving that image as a .dds Photoshop crashes.
I would advise to use Paint.NET instead of any plugins... works fine for me!
-----
(04-29-2011, 04:06 PM)Exostalker Wrote: [ -> ]I would advise to use Paint.NET instead of any plugins... works fine for me!

Please can you tell us how to proceed with paint.net ?
(04-29-2011, 04:52 PM)Youcef Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2011, 04:06 PM)Exostalker Wrote: [ -> ]I would advise to use Paint.NET instead of any plugins... works fine for me!

Please can you tell us how to proceed with paint.net ?

Well about skybox creating - I really don't know, since I didn't create one myself yet... soon I will need it, so I will post how to make it with paint.NET
(04-28-2011, 01:44 AM)Anxt Wrote: [ -> ]Mk, so, can anyone who has used GIMP for a skybox help me out? I have downloaded a texture from cgtextures, and I have gotten the dds plugin for GIMP, but no matter what I try to do with it, the editor will not find the file.

I tried to get a trial of photoshop, but they don't seem to be offering them at the moment.

Any information would be most appreciated, and if I need to provide more info from my end, please let me know.

Thanks.

I would also like to know this. I can open it, Make it 8192x1024, then I Save As, .dds, I choose DXT1 and generate minimaps, but then it says "DDS: Cannot compress images whose dimensions are not multiples of 4.
Saved image will not be compressed."

It also says "DDS: It appears your image may be a volume map,
but not all layers are the same size, thus a volume
map cannot be written."
(05-23-2011, 01:27 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: [ -> ]I would also like to know this. I can open it, Make it 8192x1024, then I Save As, .dds, I choose DXT1 and generate minimaps, but then it says "DDS: Cannot compress images whose dimensions are not multiples of 4.

map cannot be written."

I think you have to make sure every layer is the same size?
(05-23-2011, 08:06 AM)Khyrpa Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2011, 01:27 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: [ -> ]I would also like to know this. I can open it, Make it 8192x1024, then I Save As, .dds, I choose DXT1 and generate minimaps, but then it says "DDS: Cannot compress images whose dimensions are not multiples of 4.

map cannot be written."

I think you have to make sure every layer is the same size?

They are. It still gives me both those errors.
Pages: 1 2 3 4