Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia A Machine for Pigs sound design

You can absolutely use headphones and you'll have a fantastic experience. It's just a personal suggestion of mine that the game sounds better on a typical home cinema setup as that is what the games audio has been designed for.

The left/right issue with headphones is a software issue and will happen across any hardware you place it through. Basically what happens is if I have (for example sake) lets say a sound of a cat in a map and I'm looking directly at it, if I'm angled slightly to the left then all the sound of the cats noise will go in the left headphone, if I turn to the right slightly then it quickly shifts, instead of spreading out evenly.

It by no way means you can't play the game with headphones, if you own a good pair and want to play it that way then that's great!

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
04-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

I can't see this game being a disappointment. Sounds like it's going to be even scarier than the first.

What do you guys recon the enemies will look like?

Think A Little, Change A Lot
04-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

Oh, come on. It's not like you'll hear a producer or developer say in such an interview: "Oh, well, basically we'll just put out some crap to get more money from them fanboys."
Of course they say it'll be ultimate awesomness. If it will be - that you'll know when it comes out. Relax till then.
04-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Find
ZraloK Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia A Machine for Pigs sound design

Alright thanks for the example, I see. Either way I am very excited. I can't really remember how the sounds in the first game worked, but however they did was enough to scare me. So I hear the term 3D and end up watching things like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPTa4_HrPhs

get uber excited but don't want to miss a beat! (no pun intended)

Looking forward to the sounds you put together!!!

"Death is light as a feather, duty is heavy as a mountain."
--Rand Al'Thor
04-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Find
BlackMuffin Offline

Threads: 0

(04-10-2012, 11:52 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote: I can't see this game being a disappointment. Sounds like it's going to be even scarier than the first.

Probably some kind of steampunk pig, and I don't mean a goofy or badass-looking one either. A bloody, messy, torn pig that has a shitload of gears and pistons on it.

If there's gonna be a second kind of enemy, it might be a machination of some sort.

[Image: eb3f67a1-7a5c-42ad-842e-ae8267ecb2db.gif]
04-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(04-10-2012, 10:30 PM)BlackMuffin Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 11:52 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote: I can't see this game being a disappointment. Sounds like it's going to be even scarier than the first.

Probably some kind of steampunk pig, and I don't mean a goofy or badass-looking one either. A bloody, messy, torn pig that has a shitload of gears and pistons on it.

If there's gonna be a second kind of enemy, it might be a machination of some sort.
Cool ideas but I have a hypothetical question here, because I can't really figure it out myself. Would a machine monster be as scary as a living one? :/

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
04-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

(04-10-2012, 11:22 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote:

Cool ideas but I have a hypothetical question here, because I can't really figure it out myself. Would a machine monster be as scary as a living one? :/
Yeah I do like that idea. I don't even think it will even involve pigs much. I think the term 'machine for pigs' is actually something to do with people slaughtering animals or something. I just can't see walking pigs running at you. I recon they will go for a similar style to the Grunts. Some deformed creature.

04-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13

(04-11-2012, 08:29 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote:

Yeah I do like that idea. I don't even think it will even involve pigs much. I think the term 'machine for pigs' is actually something to do with people slaughtering animals or something. I just can't see walking pigs running at you. I recon they will go for a similar style to the Grunts. Some deformed creature.
I'm sorry for the off-topic but can you please enable your private messages? lol.
04-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

(04-11-2012, 03:03 PM)ClayPigeon Wrote:
(04-11-2012, 08:29 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote:

I'm sorry for the off-topic but can you please enable your private messages? lol.
Haha, sorry. All done Tongue

04-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

(04-10-2012, 05:58 PM)bobbo Wrote: Oh, come on. It's not like you'll hear a producer or developer say in such an interview: "Oh, well, basically we'll just put out some crap to get more money from them fanboys."
Of course they say it'll be ultimate awesomness. If it will be - that you'll know when it comes out. Relax till then.
Well think of it like this though... With such a bold statement being made and then not delivering, from then on no one would have any faith in them. Even if for their next game Pinchbeck says "this one will be good" people would say "oh he said the last was one gonna be amazing and it wasn't that great, so if this one is going to be 'good' then it's probably terrible". In other words, I don't think Frictional and TCR would risk their credibility, especially being as young in the industry as they both are. So releasing statements like this and then not delivering would destroy credibility, and I think Frictional is too smart for that. Not sure about TCR, but I'm willing to bet with production rights, FG wouldn't like too many statements like this flying around if they weren't going to back up everything they're saying.

Plus, aside from TCR, hasn't FG members said quotes along the lines of what Pinchbeck is saying? And we all know what FG is capable of, so a step up from Amnesia is definitely not out of the question.

04-12-2012, 04:36 AM
Find