Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia Terms of Use / Copyright
CrazyShootin Offline

Threads: 3
Amnesia Terms of Use / Copyright

Hi,

I make YouTube videos of partially Amnesia ( http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyShootin ). I do make money from my videos, but lately youtube has become stricter with accepting videos for monetization. Some of my Amnesia videos gets disabled for monetization at random. I know that Frictional games allows footage of their games online, since so many big YouTubers have ads on their videos without any trouble.

So to the point; I need a copyright or terms of use document that can be found online or locally in the game files. I have done quite a lot of searching, but haven't been able to find anything. Sad

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2012, 04:03 PM by CrazyShootin.)
04-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Amnesia Terms of Use / Copyright

Great joke.
04-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Find
CrazyShootin Offline

(04-26-2012, 04:41 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Great joke.

Sorry?

04-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Website Find
Mehis Offline

Threads: 10

As long as I know, Youtube or any other party should not take down your videos of Amnesia. There are many other Youtubers who make money out of Amnesia walkthroughs and such. Their videos doesn't get disabled. So it might be because of something else.
04-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Find
CrazyShootin Offline

(04-26-2012, 05:05 PM)Mehis Wrote: As long as I know, Youtube or any other party should not take down your videos of Amnesia. There are many other Youtubers who make money out of Amnesia walkthroughs and such. Their videos doesn't get disabled. So it might be because of something else.
My videos don't get taken down. They just mark them as "inappropriate for advertisement". But I own all material except the gameplay footage. Basically I need a more detailed description of why I'm allowed to make money with my material. That's why I need a link/file of a user agreement for Amnesia. :S

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2012, 05:11 PM by CrazyShootin.)
04-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Website Find
Leeeyam Offline

Threads: 22

(04-26-2012, 05:09 PM)CrazyShootin Wrote:
(04-26-2012, 05:05 PM)Mehis Wrote: As long as I know, Youtube or any other party should not take down your videos of Amnesia. There are many other Youtubers who make money out of Amnesia walkthroughs and such. Their videos doesn't get disabled. So it might be because of something else.
My videos don't get taken down. They just mark them as "inappropriate for advertisement". But I own all material except the gameplay footage. Basically I need a more detailed description of why I'm allowed to make money with my material. That's why I need a link/file of a user agreement for Amnesia. :S
As far as I'm aware of, there isn't any sort of user agreement for the Frictional Games products.

It's weird because there are so many let's players with Amnesia as their primary source of view, surely they are allowed to post that content in order to make money. Frictional Games allows people to create videos of their products. Maybe contacting the suits at YouTube and ask them why specifically? and if they gameplay, tell them that you're allowed to use it etc, I'm not really sure how the monetization works.

Big fan of your channel btw Tongue

04-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

This can happen while playing custom stories if there is custom music implemented not created by the users.
04-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

OT: I have been subbed to you for about 6 months now. Big Grin Really like your Trolling The Monsters series :p

More or less on topic: It might be what Traggey said. Otherwise, I would have no clue what the problem would be.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
05-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Nobody makes money by uploading gameplay videos.

And if someone would earn money with that, I'm sure it is illegal.
Because you use the ideas and content of a Frictional Games product.

The content you show in the gameplay videos is protected by Frictional Games, inclusive all the music in this game.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012, 04:40 PM by Googolplex.)
05-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(05-02-2012, 04:34 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Nobody makes money by uploading gameplay videos.

And if someone would earn money with that, I'm sure it is illegal.
Because you use the ideas and content of a Frictional Games product.

The content you show in the gameplay videos is protected by Frictional Games, inclusive all the music in this game.
Wrong, people DO make money from the videos, not by making the videos and uploading them to youtube, but through the ads that are shown before the videos. Take famous lets players such as Pewdie for example, he does his youtubing for a living, it's his job.

05-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Find