Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Frictional Games IRC Chat room.
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
Frictional Games IRC Chat room.

The chat room is now live! Thank you Jens! *applause*

It can be reached from the top right of the site or through this link - http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/irc.php
05-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Frictional Games IRC Chat room.

[Image: 2vA1a.png?1313349760]

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2012, 11:17 AM by Mine Turtle.)
05-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

I'm sorry, but all that I'm expecting to come out of any forum chatroom, is drama. I expect to see weird social manipulative games happening soon enough, and they will sooner or later be about me making love to dogs, and the next thing I know, I'll get banned from the forums by a horde of chatters complaining to some mod about me having raped all their moms, just because I didn't spend any time with the "social elite" in the chatroom. I hope this chat exceeds my expectations.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

05-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Cranky Old Man, try not to be cranky in every thread Tongue
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2012, 12:22 PM by plutomaniac.)
05-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(05-07-2012, 12:22 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Cranky Old Man, try not to be cranky in every thread Tongue
Okay, I'll try, on the condition that you'll warn me if anyone start talking about how I raped their moms, because chat drama (and me staying clear of it) has gotten me banned from two communities so far, because that's usually where social engineers head when they want to talk smack about people minding their own business. You can play on emotions at these places, and seduce mods, and be all kinds of manipulative, and talk all kinds of shit. I'm not saying that the chat WILL be like that, but I'd like to be warned before I get banned over false drama.

05-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

If you think that someone is talking crap behind your back send a pm to a moderator and he will look into it. If you reply and continue the situation most probably you will loose your right after some posts. So just send the pm when required...
05-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(05-07-2012, 01:39 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: If you think that someone is talking crap behind your back send a pm to a moderator and he will look into it. If you reply and continue the situation most probably you will loose your right after some posts. So just send the pm when required...
It's just that if that would happen, I wouldn't be around, I wouldn't find out about it, and I wouldn't have access to chat logs spanning probably several days or weeks. When chat drama happens, the person talked about isn't meant to find out about it, because that would give him a chance to defend himself, and accuse the accusers of things. Often you find out about it when the moderator is already cheering the bullies on, or when people call you rapist to your face right before you get banned.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
05-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(05-07-2012, 01:46 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(05-07-2012, 01:39 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: If you think that someone is talking crap behind your back send a pm to a moderator and he will look into it. If you reply and continue the situation most probably you will loose your right after some posts. So just send the pm when required...
It's just that if that would happen, I wouldn't be around, I wouldn't find out about it, and I wouldn't have access to chat logs spanning probably several days or weeks. When chat drama happens, the person talked about isn't meant to find out about it, because that would give him a chance to defend himself, and accuse the accusers of things. Often you find out about it when the moderator is already cheering the bullies on, or when people call you rapist to your face right before you get banned.
Just take it easy and stay out of the IRC if you feel so strongly about it, we'll be keeping our eyes on the IRC and I can ensure you that the moderation team won't go banning anyone whom does not deserve it.
05-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(05-07-2012, 02:17 PM)Traggey Wrote: Just take it easy and stay out of the IRC if you feel so strongly about it, we'll be keeping our eyes on the IRC and I can ensure you that the moderation team won't go banning anyone whom does not deserve it.
It's not this particular chat - I'm just personally cautious about community chats in general. I've gone on about this for too long already. Thank you.

05-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Find