Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
RE: IMPROVING REACTIONS - machine for pigs

(10-24-2012, 09:57 PM)Statyk Wrote: Considering the notoriety of how they create their horror, I don't think they need to really take anyone's advice.
I am not saying that FG does not have a lot of talent but I don't think that we should be worshiping them for only 4 games - considering Amnesia was the game that got FG recognized.

10-25-2012, 05:19 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I worship them for what they've done, not how much they've done. I love Amnesia, and I'm happy they made it! I haven't played any other than Amnesia and Justine. I hear, Penumbra was good, and I'm considering, to try it... But now AAMFP is coming out soon, so i'll wait

Trying is the first step to success.
10-25-2012, 07:06 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-25-2012, 05:19 AM)darkely Wrote: I am not saying that FG does not have a lot of talent but I don't think that we should be worshiping them for only 4 games - considering Amnesia was the game that got FG recognized.
Understandable, but they have written blogs on the topic of horror and how to do so properly. And hey, the way they've been doing it is what got them noticed, wasn't it? It's what makes us fans, is it not? I understand if they want to take advice, I'm just saying they seem to already know what they're doing.
10-25-2012, 08:25 AM
Find
Piacesi Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Amnesia the dark descent are the DLC justine. And the machine for pigs. If the game launch, have too this DlC or your continuation? or no... ?!

:O
10-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

Look all I'm saying is that (and it annoys me to admit it) if it were not for YouTube wh*res like PDP and various others Amnesia would have an even smaller fan base.

beecake: definitely try Penumbra before AMFP - the graphics/gameplay is somewhat dated but the story is worth it.

10-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Machine for Pigs is not a DLC, it is a separate, full length game. Justine is free, you can just download it. We don't know yet if AAMFP will have any DLC, but when it is available on Steam, there will probably be some sort of bundle offer to buy it together with the first Amnesia or even the whole Frictional Collection. I hope one of these points answers your question, because I'm not quite sure what exactly your question was Undecided
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 02:30 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
10-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(10-23-2012, 05:28 PM)Piacesi Wrote: Is hard to improve reactions in the monsters, but (IN MY OPINION NOW) other idea is to the monsters, use tactics to kill you, for example, hide and wait to you pass... Get a improved reaction of the monsters to you, and too, the reactions of his character, for example, you ( in game) get screams of fright, if you receive some damage, you scream and start move more slow...

No, tactics of monsters will make the game incredible and implausible. Like: "Haha, where are you? I'll find you, have fun with me, hide you. Let's play hide and catch..."

Monsters actually doesn't know that you are there and they do not really search you.
They are just walking through the environment (as a kind of guard). And they will attack everyone in the building. But this is not because they searched for you. And when they use tactics, it seems like a typical "game". But a game should not be like a "game". So monsters should walk away if you escape.
The goal also is not to die. To die in a horror game is the worst thing what breaks the immersion. Rather you should be "nearly" dead. Monsters should not be intelligent, because intelligence of a monster will be more like a fun game.
Monsters should walk beside you, but not attack. When they attack you, you will die and the immersion ends. But when you just "see" the monster very close to you walking beside, then it will be fear.
Because you hope the monster will not recognize you. The feeling of hope is more horror than a short attack which cause a fast dead.

In short, tactics are elements of a fun game. Seems like you can "play" with the monster.
This is not really a good idea to improve a horror game.
10-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(10-25-2012, 02:30 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Machine for Pigs is not a DLC, it is a separate, full length game. Justine is free, you can just download it. We don't know yet if AAMFP will have any DLC, but when it is available on Steam, there will probably be some sort of bundle offer to buy it together with the first Amnesia or even the whole Frictional Collection. I hope one of these points answers your question, because I'm not quite sure what exactly your question was Undecided
Hey man, FG is a decent indie developer, not a money oriented bull like EA.

DRM obligation and DLC strategy are not part of decent indie games. When buying a game, it should be complete for everyone, and not released like a part of a puzzle, where you have to pay money for all other single DLC parts to have a complete edition! Justine was for free, like a present for us because of the success of Amnesia. Nice Frictional Games! They are not stingy like big money oriented publishers. Pressing every single dollar out of you for DLCs what normally should be part of the release version by default. It's like to release an unfinished game in parts. And I also want to say, I'll never buy a steam version or any kind of DRM. I'll only interested to buy a proper standalone version in Frictional Games store, which I can install without a third-party-software, without internet connection, without an account login.

This is, why I think, piracy is not always wrong. DRM and DLC strategies are not less inacceptable like to pirate a game. This will not safe your legal copy, it will just plague the honest buyer.

So I hope there are no DLCs, I hope the game will be complete as it is released. And also a steam-free version as always before.
10-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Ignoring the talk about piracy, I think it's safe to say that AMFP will be released as a complete experience when it's released. We know Frictional well enough to know that they won't let us down with forcing paid DLC for the full game experience.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(10-25-2012, 04:11 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Ignoring the talk about piracy, I think it's safe to say that AMFP will be released as a complete experience when it's released. We know Frictional well enough to know that they won't let us down with forcing paid DLC for the full game experience.

I hope, really.
I mean, the money is not the problem for me, I would pay more than 100 dollars for a good game like Amnesia. But to activate a bundle of DLCs for a complete collection and to force the honest buyer to a steam account, is against my tolerance!
But I know, FG are good guys and they will never annoy the honest buyer with inacceptable strategies.
10-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Find