Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: Dishonored or A Machine For Pigs?

(10-28-2012, 08:10 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 01:58 PM)Bridge Wrote: EDIT: Also, I hate to break this to you, but Thomas is just a human being like you and me. He is not God and while he has a lot of good ideas when it comes to horror he also has many questionable and perhaps even detrimental ideas. Don't pretend like you have a deeper understanding of horror just by quoting him because you don't.

Thomas is not god, but his attitude for game development is 100% correct and the only right way games should go on. Not only horror games, I'm sure, if he would make an RPG or racing game it also would be good. But the studio is too small for games like that and don't even have enough money.

But Thomas is the king of horror and I totally agree with him in every single detail. I mean, look at all the AAA+ games from big publishers, they all have dumbed down gameplay, action oriented and filled with symbols and XP-points poping up the screen. Enemies have livetime energy and you get rewarded by killing an enemy. This is the bullshit of modern games. And Thomas is a miracle in my opinion, understand the true meaning of a game. He doesn't also make games just for money, it's rather his own dream to make proper games and bring the genre back to the roots. Show the world what real games are.

He is not god, but if god would make a game, it would be like Thomas' games. Big Grin
Is your age like the reciprocal of your user name?

[Image: p229xcq]
10-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

(10-28-2012, 08:10 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Thomas is not god, but his attitude for game development is 100% correct and the only right way games should go on. Not only horror games, I'm sure, if he would make an RPG or racing game it also would be good. But the studio is too small for games like that and don't even have enough money...
...But Thomas is the king of horror and I totally agree with him in every single detail...
...And Thomas is a miracle in my opinion, understand the true meaning of a game. He doesn't also make games just for money, it's rather his own dream to make proper games and bring the genre back to the roots. Show the world what real games are...
...He is not god, but if god would make a game, it would be like Thomas' games...
Just a friendly advise. I do not want to teach you anything, it's completely up to you what to think, what's wrong or right. But an advice is just an advise, no less, no more...

I would not recommend you think in such a fanatic manner about anyone. In fact it's very dangerous to believe that anyone, whoever could be "100% correct". Even for example Leonardo Da Vinci, Mozart, Shakespeare... nobody is ever "100% correct". And even if you were joking it was a bad joke, better not to joke with such themes.
10-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(10-28-2012, 09:27 PM)Alex Ros Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 08:10 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Thomas is not god, but his attitude for game development is 100% correct and the only right way games should go on. Not only horror games, I'm sure, if he would make an RPG or racing game it also would be good. But the studio is too small for games like that and don't even have enough money...
...But Thomas is the king of horror and I totally agree with him in every single detail...
...And Thomas is a miracle in my opinion, understand the true meaning of a game. He doesn't also make games just for money, it's rather his own dream to make proper games and bring the genre back to the roots. Show the world what real games are...
...He is not god, but if god would make a game, it would be like Thomas' games...
Just a friendly advise. I do not want to teach you anything, it's completely up to you what to think, what's wrong or right. But an advice is just an advise, no less, no more...

I would not recommend you think in such a fanatic manner about anyone. In fact it's very dangerous to believe that anyone, whoever could be "100% correct". Even for example Leonardo Da Vinci, Mozart, Shakespeare... nobody is ever "100% correct". And even if you were joking it was a bad joke, better not to joke with such themes.
He just has respect for the things he's done. I agree with him, too. My opinion is that Good old Tom is a wondrous example of what smart games should be. Though I don't think he could make a very good "fun oriented" game.
10-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

(10-28-2012, 09:32 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: He just has respect for the things he's done. I agree with him, too. My opinion is that Good old Tom is a wondrous example of what smart games should be. Though I don't think he could make a very good "fun oriented" game.
Well, it wasn't about respect, it was about fanaticism...
As for "wondrous examples", just curious, what studio or an artist you would call another "wondrous example"? Really just curious, there's nothing between the lines.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2012, 09:45 PM by Alex Ros.)
10-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Website Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

When I asked about games I did not ask about whether games are fun or not. Please get the train back on the rails.

Anyway, I've decided to wait for A Machine for Pigs. If I have enough money left over I will buy Dishonored as well.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
10-28-2012, 11:02 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(10-28-2012, 09:44 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 09:43 PM)Alex Ros Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 09:32 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: He just has respect for the things he's done. I agree with him, too. My opinion is that Good old Tom is a wondrous example of what smart games should be. Though I don't think he could make a very good "fun oriented" game.
Well, it wasn't about respect, it was about fanaticism...
As for "wondrous examples", just curious, what studio or an artist you would call "wondrous example"? Just curious, there's nothing between the lines.
Valve.
FUCK YEAH!!!!
10-29-2012, 05:59 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

On topic: What I would do: Cut back on buying new clothes, and eat bread as meals for a month. Behold! I now have money for both games! Big Grin

If it's a gift then you could always give both if you really felt like it. If not then well... if it was me I'd go with Dishonored for now.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2012, 06:17 AM by Kreekakon.)
10-29-2012, 06:08 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(10-28-2012, 09:43 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: Well, it wasn't about respect, it was about fanaticism...
As for "wondrous examples", just curious, what studio or an artist you would call another "wondrous example"? Really just curious, there's nothing between the lines.
Boy, I'm not fanatic! Rather Thomas and I have the same opinion what is right or wrong.

I've always wanted to have a game like that before I found Frictional Games in the internet. And then... I noticed Penumbra and it was exactly a game as if it was made specifically for me. It's like we both have the same meaning for this kind of a game. So, he is a miracle for me, where 99,95% of all other game developers are just making games for big money.
But let's go back to topic now.
10-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

That guy was kind of annoying.

HEY. HEY GUYS.

"@danpinchbeck

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. The swine will rise on Halloween. Be ready for a major update."

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2012, 10:12 PM by Damascus Rose.)
10-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(10-29-2012, 09:15 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: That guy was kind of annoying.

HEY. HEY GUYS.

"@danpinchbeck

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. The swine will rise on Halloween. Be ready for a major update."
Yes
10-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Find