Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
maarten12100 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(11-19-2012, 07:46 PM)Elajten Wrote: Guys I have a question and hopefully a mod or someone could answer me.. but did Pewdiepie kinda inspire for a second game or perhaps what will be in the second installment? I'm having the largest argument with someone and I just want to know so I can either just say I was wrong or not... I mean the title of the game name and Pewdie's piggy just.. it just like such a coincidence I really don't know D=
Pewdie is not the subject here as first
And no look at the penumbra series nothing is inspired of him.
How can you even get inspired by someone being a complete retard screaming his mic all the time(not only in the amnesia vids)

Yes, were totally wrong admit your defeat
11-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

(11-20-2012, 12:49 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: I Was watching the Halloween trailer and noticed on the new lantern it says "Mandus"
Very good, now we know our protagonist didn't steal his lantern from someone else Wink
maybe Mandus made the lantern

The International Narcotics Traffic
11-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: maybe Mandus made the lantern
Most likely not Mandus himself. Wink He's a rich industrialist, the lantern is probably simply part of his factory's inventory. Like all the crates lying around and the like.
11-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Find
GegL Offline

Does someone know what would be the price of the game?
11-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Find
Mehis Offline

Threads: 10

(11-20-2012, 03:58 PM)GegL Wrote: Does someone know what would be the price of the game?
Nobody knows but I highly doubt that the price will go over 20$.
11-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(11-20-2012, 12:10 PM)Paint the man cut the lines Wrote: I Was watching the Halloween trailer and noticed on the new lantern it says "Mandus"

I think that is a mark/trademark of his own production. Remember who is after all.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
11-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Not only the lantern says "Mandus". Also the "fuses?" he set into the machine.

(11-19-2012, 11:24 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: wtf. why
Because I did not want to buy a game for what I need a third-party-software to run it.

And I did not want to buy a game for what I have to activate to an online account for lifetime.
And i did not want to buy a game for what I need internet connection.
And I did not want to buy a game for what I have to accept someones "terms" to play it.
And I did not want to buy a game for what I have no guarantee if the server/account exist in future.

When I buy a game, the playability should not be connected to the hands of third party people.
When I pay money, it should be mine and not leased.

DRM protection also doesn't protect your game, it will just plague the honest buyer. And there is no difference to piracy!

I think, I've said all.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2012, 06:10 PM by Googolplex.)
11-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

I'll buy it but I prefer the retail version as I don't use steam.
I don't play that many games anyway
11-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(11-20-2012, 05:57 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(11-19-2012, 11:24 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: wtf. why
Because I did not want to buy a game for what I need a third-party-software to run it.

And I did not want to buy a game for what I have to activate to an online account for lifetime.
And i did not want to buy a game for what I need internet connection.
And I did not want to buy a game for what I have to accept someones "terms" to play it.
And I did not want to buy a game for what I have no guarantee if the server/account exist in future.

When I buy a game, the playability should not be connected to the hands of third party people.
When I pay money, it should be mine and not leased.

DRM protection also doesn't protect your game, it will just plague the honest buyer. And there is no difference to piracy!

I think, I've said all.
-Isn't a video game console third party software/hardware? Do you not play console games?
-ok
-I agree
-You already have to accept the terms of the developer/distributor of the actual game
-Makes sense
-also makes sense, but a lot of games these days are requiring you to have an account on their website and an internet connection just to play even single player (Diablo III, league of legends, etc.)
"When I pay money, it should be mine and not leased."
The content you are paying for is never really yours, you are technically paying for a lease anyway, regardless of whether it is on steam or not.

But my biggest question is, is steam really so bad that you wouldn't buy a great new frictional game and support indie developers of games you love, even if you disapprove of steam?

Ps. I realize this game will not only be available on steam

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
11-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

If AAMFP is ONLY available on Steam I'd still buy it, but I'm pretty sure it will also be available on non-Steam sites (such as Frictional's).

Some interesting tweets from Jessica Curry today regarding AAMFP -

My studio engineer has just listened to one of my samples and said, "oh god, that's what hell sounds like." My work here is done

Studio engineer has started muttering "evil" after we play through each pigs track. I think he is starting to crack. Result.

and yesterday:

Right, back to mixing. Shoving the sickening pain of maternal guilt to one side so I can get back to a veeery huge Machine for Pigs track
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2012, 09:56 PM by Ossie.)
11-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Find