Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: Amnesia:Justine: I want permadeath in the Machine for Pigs.

This is a dumb suggestion.

So how 'bout some of dat immersion

[Image: p229xcq]
11-21-2012, 02:12 AM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

I feel like it would ruin the immersion and overall degrade the quality of the game. If the game had five hours of gameplay and I died on the fourth I would be more frustrated than scared and probably ask for a refund. Not everyone here feels the same as you do. Also, starting from the beginning of a hub doesn't make it any better; I would still be frustrated over the fact that I just had to run back to where I died and hide because I know where the monster would be.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
11-21-2012, 02:31 AM
Find
Jack O'Lantern Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(11-20-2012, 09:50 PM)Ossie Wrote: If AAMFP is ONLY available on Steam I'd still buy it, but I'm pretty sure it will also be available on non-Steam sites (such as Frictional's).

Some interesting tweets from Jessica Curry today regarding AAMFP -

My studio engineer has just listened to one of my samples and said, "oh god, that's what hell sounds like." My work here is done

Studio engineer has started muttering "evil" after we play through each pigs track. I think he is starting to crack. Result.

and yesterday:

Right, back to mixing. Shoving the sickening pain of maternal guilt to one side so I can get back to a veeery huge Machine for Pigs track
NICE.
Here's a picture she posted of her sound engineer mixing one of the AMFP tracks:
EDIT: Image refusing to appear. The URL: http://twitpic.com/bev3ip
That music is loud.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2012, 05:07 AM by Jack O'Lantern.)
11-21-2012, 05:05 AM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

(11-20-2012, 09:50 PM)Ossie Wrote: If AAMFP is ONLY available on Steam I'd still buy it, but I'm pretty sure it will also be available on non-Steam sites (such as Frictional's).

Some interesting tweets from Jessica Curry today regarding AAMFP -

My studio engineer has just listened to one of my samples and said, "oh god, that's what hell sounds like." My work here is done

Studio engineer has started muttering "evil" after we play through each pigs track. I think he is starting to crack. Result.

and yesterday:

Right, back to mixing. Shoving the sickening pain of maternal guilt to one side so I can get back to a veeery huge Machine for Pigs track
Here's another tweet by Jessica Curry

When he asked me what i was doing in London for i had to mumble apologetically "I'm mixing the music for a horror game about evil pigs"

The International Narcotics Traffic
11-21-2012, 05:50 AM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

Permadeath in a 5-6 hour game would be frustrating imo. I wouldn't mind if the game had 1 hour chapters, and if you die you have to begin at the start of the chapter.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2012, 08:29 AM by pinkribbonscars.)
11-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

There's a distinct difference between stressful fear, and frustration gameplay wise.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
11-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Find
Jack O'Lantern Offline

evil pigs...
11-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

(11-21-2012, 05:50 AM)Paint the man cut the lines Wrote: Here's another tweet by Jessica Curry

When he asked me what i was doing in London for i had to mumble apologetically "I'm mixing the music for a horror game about evil pigs"
Just to put that in context, she was referring to this former tweet:

Got talking to lovely man from Kenya at hotel breakfast- he is aid worker for reproductive health and in spare time does literacy projects
11-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

The game will come out simultaneous in all stores. Justine only came out on Steam first because it was created for the Portal 2 ARG.
(11-21-2012, 01:25 AM)pimpinitalian Wrote: If I remember correctly; Justine came out for Steam first then non-steam versions later got it. So I think getting it for Steam has it benefits.
11-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Website Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

.jpg   Mandus.jpg (Size: 61.62 KB / Downloads: 210)
The New lantern (possibly a lantern like torch) and the mandus production lable on it

.jpg   Something Strange.jpg (Size: 43.01 KB / Downloads: 212)
anyone noticed this?

The International Narcotics Traffic
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2012, 11:15 AM by Gilligan's Hell.)
11-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Find