Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Random Stuff

(12-01-2012, 02:18 PM)DogFood Wrote: im so fucking ashamed of my country and ashamed i took part in this protest, i got my lower lip busted by some nazi douche because i didn't want to provoke the police by yelling stuff like "hail hitler". Btw, the protest was against corruption in goverment. Now it's close to a warzone in my country.. there are mass protests in every city every single day and all of them end badly...

heres a video of the protest where i got my lip busted, hell breaks loose at 0:18

This is in Ljubljana? I have a Slovenian friend that I talk to every day and he hasn't mentioned any protests at all. I didn't know things were that bad over there.

BTW: Any Italians here? If so, do you really think San Pellegrino is good? Because I just bought some the other day and apart from the badass bottle (that was worth the price) it just tastes like sour water, as is the case with all sparkling water. Why is this such a prestigious brand?
12-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(12-01-2012, 02:33 PM)Bridge Wrote: This is in Ljubljana? I have a Slovenian friend that I talk to every day and he hasn't mentioned any protests at all. I didn't know things were that bad over there.
Protests every day in every single big city. It was calm at first but it gets worse everyday.

There hasn't been anything this big since we became a country on our own (got separated from Yugoslavia)
..so yeah its preety bad Smile

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
12-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(12-01-2012, 02:33 PM)Bridge Wrote: BTW: Any Italians here? If so, do you really think San Pellegrino is good? Because I just bought some the other day and apart from the badass bottle (that was worth the price) it just tastes like sour water, as is the case with all sparkling water. Why is this such a prestigious brand?

Not italian, but are you kidding!?? I would murder ten people for a single bottle!!!

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
12-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(12-01-2012, 03:03 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 02:33 PM)Bridge Wrote: BTW: Any Italians here? If so, do you really think San Pellegrino is good? Because I just bought some the other day and apart from the badass bottle (that was worth the price) it just tastes like sour water, as is the case with all sparkling water. Why is this such a prestigious brand?

Not italian, but are you kidding!?? I would murder ten people for a single bottle!!!
We are talking about S. Pellegrino carbonated natural mineral water? It's nothing special in my opinion.
12-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(12-01-2012, 03:38 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 03:03 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:

We are talking about S. Pellegrino carbonated natural mineral water? It's nothing special in my opinion.
No, I was talking about the soft drinks...

12-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Find
Posting Freak

RE: Op-Toffic

12-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

Actual water in Italy was rancid for a majority of the modern day age (you should know this). The reasons Germans are famous for their beer is the same reason. European water was poisoness for a while, just as it is in Mexico.

Sparkling water (San Pellegrino) was a replacement for such bad water. So was wine, beer, liquor, etc. It's extremely special because sparkling water gave people something to drink instead of something to die over.

-----

EDIT:

Now that water filtration is better, people still drink it. It's to the same effect as a twinky or American chocolate, except those will actually kill you. Twinkies were from a time that people wanted fast food and junk food. Now that people love it, after its time has already past, people still eat it because it's a hobby. Same with San Pellegrino.

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2012, 05:01 PM by crisosphinx.)
12-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I love S. Pellegrino o_o
12-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(12-01-2012, 04:56 PM)crisosphinx Wrote:

Actual water in Italy was rancid for a majority of the modern day age (you should know this). The reasons Germans are famous for their beer is the same reason. European water was poisoness for a while, just as it is in Mexico.

Sparkling water (San Pellegrino) was a replacement for such bad water. So was wine, beer, liquor, etc. It's extremely special because sparkling water gave people something to drink instead of something to die over.

-----

EDIT:

Now that water filtration is better, people still drink it. It's to the same effect as a twinky or American chocolate, except those will actually kill you. Twinkies were from a time that people wanted fast food and junk food. Now that people love it, after its time has already past, people still eat it because it's a hobby. Same with San Pellegrino.
Thanks for the info. I didn't really consider that side of it because here in Iceland even the tap water is better than premium bottled water in most other countries. Still, I don't see how S. Pellegrino is so relevant today and why people buy it in restaurants for ridiculous sums of money. It's just sparkling water (and poor quality sparkling water at that, in my opinion). I get how it being naturally carbonated is rare and I understand people being interested in that, but I don't see how this is "the best water in the world" at all.
12-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

(12-01-2012, 05:22 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 04:56 PM)crisosphinx Wrote:

-----

EDIT:

Thanks for the info. I didn't really consider that side of it because here in Iceland even the tap water is better than premium bottled water in most other countries. Still, I don't see how S. Pellegrino is so relevant today and why people buy it in restaurants for ridiculous sums of money. It's just sparkling water (and poor quality sparkling water at that, in my opinion). I get how it being naturally carbonated is rare and I understand people being interested in that, but I don't see how this is "the best water in the world" at all.
Marketing. If everything everyone ever said was "the best in the world", then everyone would be living fancy lives. It's just a marketing scheme.

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
12-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Find