Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

You can disable the glowing on monsters throughout the game.cfg.

listen to boards of canada
12-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Website Find
ZeroPie Offline

Threads: 2
The Dark Descent to Machine For Pigs?

Hello.
I am wondering if it would be possible to perhaps transfer my Custom Story (Maps most importantly) that I'm working on onto A Machine For Pigs when it's released? So I don't have to stick around with TDD when AMFP is out.
If anyone knows or perhaps a developer could answer this, it would be really good for me.

Thanks.
12-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Find
Istrebitel Offline

Threads: 3

Guys, guys, its not about monster glowing!
You can see anything in the distance - boxes, shelves, barrels, items, all because they are of a different color than a "distance fog"... Damn i need to find some time to make screenshots to explain my point better.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012, 08:47 AM by Istrebitel.)
12-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: The Dark Descent to Machine For Pigs?

(12-04-2012, 12:16 AM)ZeroPie Wrote: Hello.
I am wondering if it would be possible to perhaps transfer my Custom Story (Maps most importantly) that I'm working on onto A Machine For Pigs when it's released? So I don't have to stick around with TDD when AMFP is out.
If anyone knows or perhaps a developer could answer this, it would be really good for me.

Thanks.

It is the same engine. All there is different is the assets and configs. Same as with justine. You dont have to worry.

12-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: Guys, guys, its not about monster glowing!

You can see anything in the distance - boxes, shelves, barrels, items, all because they are of a different color than a "distance fog"... Damn i need to find some time to make screenshots to explain my point better.
Dude, you don't need to explain, I know what you mean. Wink It's just that I have no problem with that effect. At least on my monitor, the effect you described is very subtle and in fact I find it even more atmospheric than having everything be dark/ fog colored. To me, seeing the shapes of objects adds visual interest and depth to the scene.
While they might not be 100% realistic, I also find them quite effective because seeing vague shapes sparks my imagination more than seeing nothing/ one color. In the end it's a matter of personal taste... In fact, I've played quite some custom stories that didn't have this ambient/fog - thing but just had everything disappear into darkness instead and personally, I found them severely lacking in atmosphere.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012, 12:51 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
12-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

(12-04-2012, 09:10 AM)Khyrpa Wrote:
(12-04-2012, 12:16 AM)ZeroPie Wrote: Hello.

Thanks.

It is the same engine. All there is different is the assets and configs. Same as with justine. You dont have to worry.
There are some codebase changes so not everything will work. We are unable to load TDD maps into the Pigs build for example.

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
12-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(12-04-2012, 09:10 AM)Khyrpa Wrote: It is the same engine. All there is different is the assets and configs. Same as with justine. You dont have to worry.
So, I guess that I do not need to worry about my computer specifications when AMFP comes out? Works pretty well with TDD but probably not well for the most recent games.
12-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: So, I guess that I do not need to worry about my computer specifications
when AMFP comes out? Works pretty well with TDD but probably not well
for the most recent games.
Just compare some screenshots - it looks like they are definitely using higher texture resolutions and polycounts in AAMFP. So if Amnesia ran on the highest settings, that doesn't mean AAMFP will run on its highest settings, too, it will probably need a bit more power there.
It might still work on a lower graphics setting though, depending on how low it will let you set things... Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2012, 08:12 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
12-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

Well.. to be honest, TDD's graphics were so good that I can hardly see how AMFP's could be any better Tongue I hope that my graphics card will not prove too rusty when I try out the game...
12-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

Another tweet by jessica curry
"Right, now down to some more #machineforpigs music. I scared not only myself but also the postman yesterday."

The International Narcotics Traffic
12-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Find