Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

But has you said yourself. That depends on how well it is done. I doubt 100% the Chinese room would do something stupid like clicking a button to open a door. and to be honest. Imagining the door opening mechanics seems actually ok on a remote. I still personally prefer to have my keyboard but having the choose is nice and I don't seem to understand how it would brake the immersion.
12-19-2012, 12:38 AM
Website Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

(12-19-2012, 12:50 AM)Negotiator1 Wrote: I understand most of you like keyboard and mouse over a controller but for someone like me who finds it hard to control a game that way its a godsend, although I have improved a lot with keyboard and mouse. I just think that its great that the chinese room are giving us more ways to enjoy the game, this way I can play the game on my 42 inch TV 5.1 sound system sitting in the living room scaring the shit out of my wife.
I can do the same but with my computer, with a mouse and keyboard.

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
12-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

The controls,controller or not, don't bother me too badly. No matter what game it is once I get used to the controls enough, and get into the game my mind will basically half sub-consciously push whatever buttons I need for the action I want to occur take place. I might not even mind right in the middle of the moment if such a control is a "slide", or a "push".

So in my opinion, unless they are absolutely horrible, controls are not immersion breaking.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
12-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I don't see what the problem of implementing it would be. Unless they FORCE you to play with controllers, it's a preference. You don't have to use controllers if you don't want to. Me personally, after a year of PC gaming, I cannot STAND controllers anymore... Mouse and Keyboard is much smoother and accurate in my opinion =]

As for controller input, PC gaming is still capable of personalizing. On consoles, games have preset button configurations. PC games allow you to change keypresses, and from what I've experienced with controllers on PC, button configurations can be personalized as well. I assume the exact same gameplay on controllers.

Assuming Xbox 360 layout:
- Right Trigger = Right Mouse Button
- Left Trigger = Left Mouse Button
- Left Joystick = WASD
- Left Joystick PRESS = Crouch
- Right Joystick PRESS = Throw (while holding an object. Could also be set default to RT)
- Right Joystick = Mouse XYZ
- A = Space
- X = Inventory
- B = Cancel (menus)
- Y = ???
- Right Bumper = Lean Right
- Left Bumper = Lean Left
- Select/Back = Open Journal
- D-pad = ??? Perhaps rotate an object while holding it

I don't personally like controllers, but if someone else likes them more than traditional PC gaming mouse and keyboard, why not help them out?
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2012, 06:57 AM by Statyk.)
12-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(12-18-2012, 06:21 PM)Saty Wrote: Am i the only one who thinks this game won't live up to the original i.e. Amnesia Dark Descent?

In gaming they usually make the first game brilliant( example- Suffering,Wolfenstein,Fear,Dead space etc..) but the second one is in a lot of cases a shadow of the first game.

I could be wrong but screaming pigs in chinatown just don't cut it for me.
I can't quickly recall any cases when the sequel was better in survival horror genres, though, Silent Hill 2 was pretty damn good follow up to SH1, but there is a lot of examples when the sequel is better in other genres.

Quote:Games i mentioned are mainstream but Suffering isn't
I seriously hope you are trolling right now. Of all the games... at last you could mention Condemned.
Opinions, though.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2012, 08:25 AM by Kein.)
12-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

(12-19-2012, 08:24 AM)Kein Wrote:
(12-18-2012, 06:21 PM)Saty Wrote: Am i the only one who thinks this game won't live up to the original i.e. Amnesia Dark Descent?

In gaming they usually make the first game brilliant( example- Suffering,Wolfenstein,Fear,Dead space etc..) but the second one is in a lot of cases a shadow of the first game.

I could be wrong but screaming pigs in chinatown just don't cut it for me.
I can't quickly recall any cases when the sequel was better in survival horror genres, though, Silent Hill 2 was pretty damn good follow up to SH1, but there is a lot of examples when the sequel is better in other genres.

Quote:Games i mentioned are mainstream but Suffering isn't
I seriously hope you are trolling right now. Of all the games... at last you could mention Condemned.
Opinions, though.

Saty - I'm not even going to bother responding, with a more detailed reply, because you OBVIOUSLY don't do your research in game companies and on games. I will tell you this, The Suffering was made by Midway. If you haven't heard of Midway, you live under a rock, unless you're from a newer generation - which means the 2004 game, The Suffering, would have been played by you when you were 8. Everyone should know who Midway is by at least their logo.

Kein, I agree with you whole-heartedly. SH1, 2 and 3 were great. 2 is often said to be the best SH game. Everything after that has done exactly as the Resident Evil series has done... It's not a survival horror game series anymore, which is what Saty, I believe, is referring to. After Res 1, the game series turned into an action-survival game series like Left4Dead. The only problem is that Left4Dead wasn't made to be scary. It's just suppose to be fun with occasional quick jump scares.

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
12-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

I have no idea who Midway are... Does that make me a sand worm to you? People either know a game company or not. I personally don't know. How about that?
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2012, 07:02 PM by Danny Boy.)
12-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I'm afraid I have to second what Danny said. I'm personally not familiar with Midway that much myself.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
12-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

(12-19-2012, 07:01 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: I have no idea who Midway are... Does that make me a sand worm to you? People either know a game company or not. I personally don't know. How about that?

So you're telling me you never heard of any of the Mortal Kombat games? You've never played Rampage? Never played Tron or heard of the game Tron? Never played any NBA or NFL Blitz series? Never heard of the arcade game Primal rage? Never played or heard of the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy games? NHL Hitz games? How about Unreal Tournament? The Suffering of course, surely. How about Stargate the game? Or the famous gameboy/ arcade game, Defender?

If you've never heard of Mortal Kombat... oh boy..

12-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(12-19-2012, 07:26 PM)crisosphinx Wrote:
(12-19-2012, 07:01 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: I have no idea who Midway are... Does that make me a sand worm to you? People either know a game company or not. I personally don't know. How about that?

So you're telling me you never heard of any of the Mortal Kombat games? You've never played Rampage? Never played Tron or heard of the game Tron? Never played any NBA or NFL Blitz series? Never heard of the arcade game Primal rage? Never played or heard of the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy games? NHL Hitz games? How about Unreal Tournament? The Suffering of course, surely. How about Stargate the game? Or the famous gameboy/ arcade game, Defender?

If you've never heard of Mortal Kombat... oh boy..

I only know Mortal Kombat, tron (the movies), unreal tournament and heard something about the suffering. the rest no idea.

(note: And I only heard from the suffering because of some top 10 horror game vid over youtube. Without it. No. I wouldn't know about that game.)
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2012, 07:39 PM by Danny Boy.)
12-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Website Find