Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(12-31-2012, 10:19 AM)samoilaaa Wrote: i realy hope that its gonna be released in january or at least a demo or something

I'm hoping that as well, I look forward to seeing/trying this game. Knowing Frictional Games, they most likely have monsters even more dangerous than the pig monster they'd been teasing.

I'm still love and impressed with the concept of exploring a whole town, not just a castle/mansion... who knows what secrets, puzzles, and horrors await!
12-31-2012, 10:55 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I believe the horror in AMFP will be very good, but the puzzles?
After playing Penumbra Overture which has the best puzzles in my opinion, I doubt AMFP will have better or even similar puzzles like that.

But let's wait... I wish they don't release it soon. I hope for april or march.
01-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

Threads: 0

(01-01-2013, 01:50 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I believe the horror in AMFP will be very good, but the puzzles?
After playing Penumbra Overture which has the best puzzles in my opinion, I doubt AMFP will have better or even similar puzzles like that.

BP had better puzzels and requim sucked but had the most puzzels.
Requim made me feel like the meaning of my time spend playing was negligible.
01-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(01-01-2013, 03:52 PM)maarten12100 Wrote:
(01-01-2013, 01:50 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I believe the horror in AMFP will be very good, but the puzzles?

BP had better puzzels and requim sucked but had the most puzzels.

Even though Requiem had no scares, it had nice models/textures in it. Not to mention those cool antigrave devices in that one area.

Black Plague had great puzzles, scares, and continued the story from Overture. AAMFP has to work hard to stand up to the Penumbra level of story and puzzles.
01-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(12-31-2012, 10:55 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 10:19 AM)samoilaaa Wrote: i realy hope that its gonna be released in january or at least a demo or something

I'm hoping that as well, I look forward to seeing/trying this game. Knowing Frictional Games, they most likely have monsters even more dangerous than the pig monster they'd been teasing.

I'm still love and impressed with the concept of exploring a whole town, not just a castle/mansion... who knows what secrets, puzzles, and horrors await!

I hope too that we will see something in January atleast that is fresh.

Anyway I'm still hoping one of the "more dangerous" monsters is a scary stempunk-looking robot.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
01-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(01-01-2013, 03:52 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: BP had better puzzels and requim sucked but had the most puzzels.

No, BP has less puzzles compared to Overture, only a few are really good like the computer room or the outside level.
Requiem also has not more puzzles than Overture, there are only 9 rooms. It has some big puzzles, but Overture was more logical and trickier.
01-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(01-01-2013, 03:52 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: BP had better puzzels and requim sucked but had the most puzzels.

Requiem was awesome and should feel awesome.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
01-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

I guess it's a lot easier to make complicated puzzles to "modern" game which has computers and other modern technology... It won't be easy to make puzzles like that to AAMFP.
01-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(01-01-2013, 07:38 PM)Deep One Wrote:

I guess it's a lot easier to make complicated puzzles to "modern" game which has computers and other modern technology... It won't be easy to make puzzles like that to AAMFP.

Considering how much time people like us spend on the computer? Nah ah, give me a evolvable, self-correcting computer program any day; always better than pulling levers and ducking through gears.
01-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(01-01-2013, 08:07 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(01-01-2013, 07:38 PM)Deep One Wrote:

Considering how much time people like us spend on the computer? Nah ah, give me a evolvable, self-correcting computer program any day; always better than pulling levers and ducking through gears.

But the whole idea is to move while solving puzzles! If you duck into a computerscreen to press a code, you know you will be safe, because it would be unfair that something attacked you... And the only scare that you could actually make there, would be a jumpscare...

The cool thing about ATTD was that you had to move. You were supposed to move into the darkness to find the cog that you needed for the machine to run. When you focus on a puzzle at the same time as you have to focus on that there is something out there.. and it probably wants to kill you, your mind will make you more scared because you have to think about two things.

If you let the player duck into a computer and throw away the fear, it will ruin the immersion.

I don't know if complicated puzzles is a good idea. Of course they should not be easy, but everybody should have a chance to beat the level.
A difficult balance, if you ask me Wink

I don't really want any "computer-puzzles", but instead puzzles where you have to use your logic sense, as in the puzzle in the Cistern Entrance,
Spoiler below!

where you've just gotten the stuck-bridge to work, but then it stops on the halfway, and you have to throw a rock onto it.

Trying is the first step to success.
01-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Find