Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Diz Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(02-26-2013, 12:57 PM)jiersk Wrote: Has there been given an answer already to the question if Oswald gets used to the darkness?

It has not been revealed whether or not Oswald has nyctophobia, like Daniel. What we do know is that he has an extreme fever and illness. It may very well be that the threat of illness will replace nyctophobia in this game, replacing the whole sanity mechanism. Who knows. =)

Except Jens, that one evil guy laughing at my silly speculation. loljk weallloveyou <3

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
02-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(02-26-2013, 01:31 PM)Diz Wrote:
(02-26-2013, 12:57 PM)jiersk Wrote: Has there been given an answer already to the question if Oswald gets used to the darkness?

It has not been revealed whether or not Oswald has nyctophobia, like Daniel. What we do know is that he has an extreme fever and illness. It may very well be that the threat of illness will replace nyctophobia in this game, replacing the whole sanity mechanism. Who knows. =)

Except Jens, that one evil guy laughing at my silly speculation. loljk weallloveyou <3
Maybe the illness that Oswald have will replace the Sanity drain in the darkness thing. What if, Oswald sees one monsters, his heartbeat will increase, signifying tension.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Find
jiersk Offline

Threads: 12

I didn't know about the fever and illness before. Thanks for telling!

Life is a joke made by someone with a bad sense of humor.
02-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(02-26-2013, 01:40 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:

Maybe the illness that Oswald have will replace the Sanity drain in the darkness thing. What if, Oswald sees one monsters, his heartbeat will increase, signifying tension.

In Halloween trailer, Oswald starts to mumble and breathe nervously when the monster is near.
02-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Find
Diz Offline

(02-26-2013, 01:42 PM)jiersk Wrote: I didn't know about the fever and illness before. Thanks for telling!

Sharing information and speculating is what we are here for. My pleasure. It makes things much more exciting while we are waiting for the upcoming game. You can find some interesting information, along with a couple of screenshots not found in the teasers, at this link, just in case you have not checked that out yet. Enjoy!

(02-26-2013, 01:40 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Maybe the illness that Oswald have will replace the Sanity drain in the darkness thing. What if, Oswald sees one monsters, his heartbeat will increase, signifying tension.

I was thinking the same thing. It has been stated that A Machine For Pigs will be a fresh experience, even for Amnesia veterans, and that the game would appeal to a wider range of senses and experience. This makes me think we will see some pretty nasty stuff throughout the game, some of which will be dangerous or even hazardous for Oswald to stare at directly.

As much as the game will be filled with horror, I believe we might want to look away not only due to being scared, but because it simply becomes very disturbing. ^^

02-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

There's one thing that could make this game better. That is if the game was designed by Tim Burton.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(02-26-2013, 02:09 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: There's one thing that could make this game better. That is if the game was designed by Tim Burton.

If it was, i would be expecting something completely else...

Trying is the first step to success.
02-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Find
Diz Offline

(02-26-2013, 01:50 PM)Deep One Wrote: In Halloween trailer, Oswald starts to mumble and breathe nervously when the monster is near.

The same thing happens in The Dark Descent's original trailer. Daniel is much more nervous than usual. His heart begins to race and he gasps every time he as much as glimpses the monster. I think it is a teaser/beta thing. =)

02-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(02-26-2013, 02:29 PM)Diz Wrote:
(02-26-2013, 01:50 PM)Deep One Wrote: In Halloween trailer, Oswald starts to mumble and breathe nervously when the monster is near.

The same thing happens in The Dark Descent's original trailer. Daniel is much more nervous than usual. His heart begins to race and he gasps every time he as much as glimpses the monster. I think it is a teaser/beta thing. =)

Yes, and the Grunt sounds different too. So I wonder how the monsters in AMFP will really sound.
02-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(02-26-2013, 02:29 PM)Diz Wrote:

Yeah, maybe it's some sort of teaser thing. Such effects makes teaser more plausible and realistic, in a good way
02-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Find