Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Diz Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(03-09-2013, 03:02 PM)Deep One Wrote: I think that the pig monster makes those squeals, not ordinary pigs... And we can see and hear it running around the place.

It might be that the monster is the one making the squeels, but what makes me think it is accompanies by regular pigs is that you can hear some really light, fast-paced running, especially near the end of the event, while you can also hear fast-paced, but really heavy running, a little earlier on.

You can also hear that something is being struck with great force, making me really wonder what really is going on. When you hear the light tap running at the end, you see something huge moving really slowly. If there are no regular pigs there, then I think the monster is being harmed by a machine that is chasing it.

I really cannot wait to play the game and find out about how it really is. I am almost dying to find out.

My body is ready.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
03-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(03-09-2013, 03:22 PM)Diz Wrote: My body is ready.

Me too.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013, 03:38 PM by No Author.)
03-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

(03-09-2013, 01:34 PM)Diz Wrote: While I typed that last paragraph, the creepy part of the teaser played in my mind. "Feed the appetite of such a machine"? In the clip, we can hear pigs being damaged or killed by something else, and on two occasions, we can see something moving as if it was a machine part. Is ... "the machine" ... something that actually is half living and half pig? Discuss!
I don't think that the machine is something that is actually sentinent or living. It's just something that does what it was designed for, cold, unstoppable, merciless.

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013, 03:54 PM by Gharren.)
03-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Website Find
3dge Offline

Threads: 3

(03-09-2013, 11:10 AM)Tigerwaw Wrote:
(03-09-2013, 08:46 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(03-09-2013, 06:28 AM)3dge Wrote: I'm sorry wubwub, but my views on russians are kinda twisted after a while with Dota2. Enlighten me: are all russians as retarded, violent and clinically unstable as they are in Dota?

Fixed that for ya.

Missed a spot.

dae get reminded of Boris from Killings in Alstadt when you see wubwub?

That was 6am, cut me some slack.

I don't got any answers. I wanna be with Marlene... But I gotta fight. 'Cause if I don't, the planet's gonna die... So I'm gonna keep fightin'!

- Barret
03-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Website Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(03-09-2013, 04:26 PM)3dge Wrote: That was 6am, cut me some slack.

The first thing popped on my mind is "Cut some throats" (From Dishonored). when I saw your post.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
03-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Find
TiberiusBond Offline

Threads: 0

In other news, the swine have not risen yet, but the spammers have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQumV0BxBiY

[Image: V642RRt.gif]
03-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Find
jiersk Offline

Threads: 12

What about the monsters is A Machine For Pigs? Will there be more different monsters? Will they be stronger, like in killing the player and destroying doors/ other things in their path? And will they stand still during their patrols to turn around look behind their back at certain times?

And what do you guys think about the barricading of doors? In ATDD you could put things in front of doors, but they didn't help, monsters could just walk through them, do you think it'll be the same in AAMFP?

Life is a joke made by someone with a bad sense of humor.
03-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(03-09-2013, 11:17 PM)jiersk Wrote: What about the monsters is A Machine For Pigs? Will there be more different monsters? Will they be stronger, like in killing the player and destroying doors/ other things in their path? And will they stand still during their patrols to turn around look behind their back at certain times?

And what do you guys think about the barricading of doors? In ATDD you could put things in front of doors, but they didn't help, monsters could just walk through them, do you think it'll be the same in AAMFP?

Dan confirmed in an interview that the monsters will have quite a bit more advanced AI and offer more unpredictability. Playing through TDD by fourth time, the jump scares are a lot less scary when you figure out the monster ai, as simple as it is. It was so bad you could literally just hold up a big object in front of you and some monsters wouldn't recognize you.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say the monster ai will be better in aamfp, and I seriously doubt barricading doors is going to do diddly squat.
03-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-09-2013, 11:57 PM)atilathegun Wrote:
(03-09-2013, 11:17 PM)jiersk Wrote: What about the monsters is A Machine For Pigs? Will there be more different monsters? Will they be stronger, like in killing the player and destroying doors/ other things in their path? And will they stand still during their patrols to turn around look behind their back at certain times?

Dan confirmed in an interview that the monsters will have quite a bit more advanced AI and offer more unpredictability. Playing through TDD by fourth time, the jump scares are a lot less scary when you figure out the monster ai, as simple as it is. It was so bad you could literally just hold up a big object in front of you and some monsters wouldn't recognize you.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say the monster ai will be better in aamfp, and I seriously doubt barricading doors is going to do diddly squat.

It would be scary when the monster was chasing the Player, it briefly stands it the Player's hiding spot, as the Player would panic.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

You guys focus way too much on physical fear rather than mental fear. Sure adding more disturbing monsters or making the monsters AI better or other stuff along those lines will give you a brief moment of panic when you initially see them (whether it be a super super fucked up looking monster or a monster that can hunt you down like a pro), but not much past that. What really sticks with you is mental horror though; not the fear of actually seeing the monster, but the fear that a monster may be near by is what really causes paranoia. That's what I loved about Amnesia so much, it didn't need really terrifying monsters or monsters with amazing AI to be scary, in fact you hardly ever even get to see the monsters close up, it relied almost completely on the fear that there might be a monster near by and you never knew from where they would come. It's the difference between seeing someone get their leg sawed off or having someone explain to you in great detail how they're going to kidnap you and saw your leg off. Sure the initial shock of the first one might be greater, but the second scenario could really fuck with you mentally and make you incredibly paranoid for weeks to come.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013, 04:10 AM by Kman.)
03-10-2013, 04:09 AM
Website Find